I'm home, 5 days post, TAH, feel great! :o) | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home, 5 days post, TAH, feel great! :o) I'm home, 5 days post, TAH, feel great! :o)

Unread 04-09-2002, 01:19 PM
Julie B. home, 5 days post, TAH, feel great! :o)

Well sisters, I am home and really feel amazingly wonderful..
Other than I can't pee pee on my own yet.. lol I get my catheter out tomorrow.. Pray for me that my bladder goes along with that idea.. he he he My surgery went very well, the first day was the only day I had pain and since then, I have had my own bm's everyday and feel tremendous. My ovaries were very healthy, so I got to keep them. They didn't go into shock, so I got very lucky there. The human body amazes me at all it can go through and bounce back so quickly. And, I can honestly now say, "THE WAITING IS THE WORST!" lol I have been walking, drinking TONS of good water and juice, eating soups and jello, bland stuff right now, or the gas sets in, but even that is going away now. I rest for 2 hours at a time, get up, walk a bit, stretch, spend 10 minutes in chat and then go back and rest again.. It's been working great and my body thanks me. LIW, it's really important to listen to your ody and do or NOT do what it's telling you.. All the ladies here are the best and I love each and every one of ya'll... Well, my minutes here are up, will post more later.. Oh, and I just have to brag, LOL, I never did get that dreaded swelly belly... Hate me? lol I don't know why, but I just lucked out I think... And to think, I spent all that money on them big undies.. hahahha You just never know.. Goes to show how different everyone really is..

LUV AND S!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 01:27 PM
Good job!

Julie,

Thanks for the encouraging post. I'm glad to hear you are taking care of yourself. It must be difficult, as we women are usually the ones to take care of everyone else. I still have more than six weeks before surgery, but intend to convince myself that taking care of myself is a priority.

I hope I can be online five days post op. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Nancy
Unread 04-09-2002, 01:52 PM
I'm home, 5 days post, TAH, feel great! :o)

Welcome Home Julie

I am so glad that you posted. I have been thinking about you a lot. I am so happy that you are home, and doing so well. It sounds like you are being a good little Princess, keep up the good work.
I will be praying for your bladder to start cooperating.
Please keep us updated on how you are doing, when you feel up to it.

Love & Great Big s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 03:18 PM

s Julie! Glad you are home and resting!

About the swelly belly? I thought I got out of that too, mine showed up at 3 weeks post, just to warn you! But, it's going away now...I will be 6 weeks tomorrow!

Keep up the good work, NOTHING!

Sara
Unread 04-09-2002, 03:28 PM

I'm glad you are home and resting, I will keep you in my prayers. Hopefully tomorrow, your bladder will cooperate Now that you bragged you will get , its an evil plot I tell you

's
Unread 04-09-2002, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys! :)

You all are the best!

Luv and s!
Unread 04-09-2002, 06:42 PM

Welcome home Julie!!

So good to hear from you! I'm so happy this is all behind you now. Remember your princess training, and limit that sitting time. Sitting is an activity!!

Your new crown looks smashing!

Karen
Unread 04-09-2002, 11:47 PM
Princess Julie!

Welcome home, Julie! Glad your castle stay went well and that you are recovering great! We'll keep our fingers crossed that your bladder gets back to working again. Take it easy s
Ruthie
Unread 04-10-2002, 02:42 AM
yahoo

Welcome Home Princess Julie

Bet you feel great wearing that new crown too. So good to hear all went well for you. Sounds like you are being a super princess too. Good on you. Will catch up with you in chat at some stage.

Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

Gail
aka buckkieofoz
Unread 04-10-2002, 05:27 PM
Envy Can Be Sweet

Good for you. Keep thinking those positive thoughts. No Swelly Belly for you !!!!!!!! We won't hate you, but we will envy you and cheer you on !!! You go Sister !!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register