this princess is HOME | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

this princess is HOME this princess is HOME

Unread 04-09-2002, 03:01 PM
this princess is HOME

hi ladies
just letting those of you in waiting know that i had my surgery yesterday the 8th and came home last night! it shocked me to think i could but things went SO well with the TVH and recovery that i was given the option and took it. I am doing SO good. better than i ever would have expected and in recovery the pain was already less than what it was prior to the surgery,
i am taking motrin every 4 hours and crampy but have only really needed the percoset a few times thus far. they took out quite a few fibroids, one was larger than a golf ball and tho she didhave some adhered to the sides she still was able to do the TVH. i DID have adeno like i suspected but i think she was more surprised than i was. thankful to have the bleeding and back pain gone, and the cramping feels less than ever at least,
i found this site 2 weeks ago and its a godsend. i was a nervous wreck and very fortunate frankly to have this thus far easy recovery. i am not going to overdo it and am taking it very easy and my girlfriend is here helping us. i have a hubby disabled with MS so the recovery is of great concern but at LEAST so far i am doing so much better than i thought would be the case. i promise not to be bold and will take things easy and HEAL. just letting you all still in waiting know i was terrified and i came through with GOOD surprises and hope this helps.
jandrie

TVH adeno and many fibroids , one larger than golf ball, now my hemorraging and anemia will be over as well as NO back pain. YEAH!!!! SO glad its over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 03:08 PM
this princess is HOME

I am so happy for you, welcome home . I am glad all went well, but remember not to over due. Sometimes when you are feeling good you get carried away and overdue, so please be careful. Best wishes.
Unread 04-09-2002, 03:31 PM
this princess is HOME

Yeah Jandrie!
So happy to hear that surgery went well and you are feeling better already. I also felt crampy in my lower back and found the heating pad helped alot. Take care hon, and welcome home...keep up the good princess routine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 04:58 AM
Welcome home

Jandrie

Great to hear that everything went well for you. I am sure you look great in your new crown.

Like you I found this site 2 weeks pre op and was just so thankful for it.

Well, you can now put all your princess training into practice. Don't forget that even though you feel great, there is a lot of internal healing going on. Take it easy, rest, drink and walk a little often. You will do well.

Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

Cheers
Gail
Unread 04-10-2002, 05:29 AM
Welcome home

Jandrie,

Welcome home and thanks so much for posting so quickly. I think we become dependent on this site and have withdrawals if we cannot get to it.

I was wondering if the nurses would let me use their computers at the hospital to check the message board. LOL.

It really makes those of us 'in waiting' feel good when you princesses post immediately, giving us a good report of your surgery.

Take it easy now, get plenty of rest so you can continue posting regularly.

Nancy
Unread 04-10-2002, 05:30 AM
Congrats

On being a perfect princess.....

I cant wait to be on the other side of this ride. Two weeks from today and I will be post op....

cindy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register