time is up | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-09-2002, 08:09 PM
time is up

Hi everyone I'm new to the site. my surgery is on 4/20/02, I'm glad I found this site. I am having my ovaries,tubes, uterus, cervix remove. I feel like I will be hollow on the end side. I really could use some help.

dorla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 11:56 PM
Hi Dorla

Welcome to Hystersisters. We are so glad you found us and decided to post.
I had everything removed and do not feel hollow inside. I think between our stomach, intestines, bladder etc., things re-adjust to fill in the space. It really doesn't feel any different to me.
Please ask your doctor next time you see him exactly what happens. I am sure he can give you a better answer than I just did.
Keep reading and posting. We are here for you.
Unread 04-10-2002, 12:01 AM
Welcome!

Hi, Dorla! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site for support and comfort and info! Glad you found us, too! I feel great 9 months after my hyst and just as feminine. Many of us felt sad and anxious about losing some of our female organs, but most of us are better and healthier now. I don't think you will feel physically hollow because the other organs shift to fill up that small space the uterus was in. There will be some swelling at first so your belly may look strange to you, but the swelly belly will go down eventually. If you start hormone replacement therapy (HRT) right away, you probably will feel your normal self after you have recovered, though sometimes it takes a little while to adjust the type and dose to make you feel best (trial and error!) Read all you can here (click on the 3 princesses at the top of the page, and read the stories and advice for Ladies in Waiting) and post any questions you have. We'll try to answer them, and we'll be here to support you through this journey. s and best wishes to you!
Ruthie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 01:04 AM
time is up

Hi Dorla and a big to you!

I'm with the other sisters who have replied, I'm glad you found this site. It saved what was left of my sanity before I had my surgery! You will get lots of great information and feel less nervous and stressed out by just reading the posts here, and posting you own questions and concerns when you feel like it. Heck, you can even just vent away about how you are feeling during this time of pre-op nerves, we've all been there and done that.

I can say for sure, you will not feel empty on the inside, unless it's in a good way. I feel emptier, but that's because I had a BIG fibroid (the size of a 20-week pregnancy, yikes!) and severe adenomyosis, and my enlarged uterus just made me feel uncomfortable (and fat) ALL the time. I was in pain every day, fatigued by massive bleeding and anemia - and bleeding all the time made me feel very UN-sexy. I am here to tell you that even just three weeks post-op I feel more energetic and younger and more feminine than I have in years, the way a healthy woman should feel.

I wish you all the best for a trouble-free surgery and recovery, and please let us know how you're doing along the way, both before your operation and after.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register