Just can't believe this is happening | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just can't believe this is happening Just can't believe this is happening

Unread 04-09-2002, 10:08 PM
Just can't believe this is happening

I'm scheduled for surgery on April 12th & it has all happened so fast that I just can't believe this is happening.

Today I went to visit my Aunt who has been hospitalized since an auto accident on February 20th, & when I got there she had just gotten off the phone with my Mom & was crying as her legs are still in huge casts, & they say she has to get out of the hospital by April 19th. This made not only my Aunt, but my Mom, my Dad & myself very upset. I'm usually the caretaker & I won't be able to help!

I've wanted to keep it quiet also, & now I find my father has been telling about everyone he runs into on the street about it! Okay, maybe not that bad, but he told my cousin & it will now spread like wildfire through that side of the family, & I so don't want many people to know.

Then, my best friend, who kept asking what she could do for me, & of whom I only requested 1 thing: that she be available for me to call & to then receive calls from other friends who live farther away & wanted to call to see how I was doing, tells me tonight that that night she & her husband are going out to eat & to shop, so she won't be home for anyone to call her! All I could think was that I hope they have a good time while I'm in the hospital praying for a swift death! I sat with her through 2 surgeries, & 3 surgeries with her kids, & this is the thanks I get!

I'm shaky, hurt, worried, & stressed in trying to get a big report (on a child molesting case yet to boot -- great topic, huh) done for work yet!

I can't tell if the pain in my stomach is from the uterus distention, or the knots in my guts over all this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 11:28 PM

You poor thing, I just hope that you get someone to look after YOU. I can't offer any advice but just hang in there, this site is the BEST and I'm sure you'll get lots of cyber support.
Unread 04-10-2002, 02:04 AM

Hi,
I am so sorry to hear what your friend has done to you. Have you told her how you are feeling? If not please do. She needs to know how this has made you feel. Please hang in. I hope everything works out.

Keep in touch.

Kerri

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register