Under 30 and another question | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Under 30 and another question Under 30 and another question

Unread 04-10-2002, 04:35 AM
Under 30 and another question

Thanks to all who responded to my last post
It is a relief to find other ladies sharing the same problems (my husband is no use to talk to )
I feel like I am treated as a hypocondriac... due to daily pain and no "evidence" on the outside to show for it...does this make sense?

I am really teary at the moment. Rotten hormones !!
From what I have read, I have decided to have it ALL out!!!
I was also interested to read some ladies had their appendix removed at the same time.
Would this be a good idea, even if it is healthy???
I just can't wait until I am not so moody
and I feel good. I want to live without the daily pain.
Big to everyone

Trina74
PS...Is there any other sisters living in The Hunter Valley NSW???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 04:45 AM
Hi there

Trina

I'm not from the Hunter Valley, but from sunny Queensland. There is an Aussie section on this board, on the front page, if you scroll down, it is called "Hystersisters Around the World". There you will find the Australia Forum. We are gathering numbers, as each day more of us Aussies find our way here. I am sure a lady I was chatting to is from the Hunter Valley, and having surgery in May as well.

Keep reading, keep posting and try out the chat room. It is a lot of fun and a lot of hugs go around in there. Heaps of lovely ladies and you get to talk "real time".

Sorry your dh isn't a big help at present. Hopefully he will surprise you post op - mine did. He was just unreal.

All the very best wishes for your surgery and recovery.

Gail
aka buckkieofoz
aka HSChat Gail
Unread 04-10-2002, 08:18 AM
Appendix

I had my appendix out because it had scarring on it. Pathology showed the inside was way worse than the outside. I knew going in that he may take my appendix because a year ago, due to a laparoscopy, we knew that scar tissue had surrounded it and pushed it up and against the right side of my body - kind of like a spiderweb. He told me that if it didn't look any better or had gotten worse, he would take it.

I know some doctors will take it just because they are in there, but, unless there is a problem, why take something out that is healthy? Discuss it with your doctor to determine if it is something he might.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 11:06 AM
Under 30 and another question

My doctor said he would only take the appendix if it did not look healthy or he thought I would have any trouble with it after surgery. I think in the earlier days of hysterectomy many women had appendicitis attacks after the surgery so they had to go back in and take it out. They can now determine if you are at risk of that while they are doing the surgery.
I had to sign the consent form authorizing it's removal.
I guess mine looked pretty good because he left it. I've had no problems with it.
I would let the doctor's decide, probably when they are in there what is best.
Good luck.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register