What is the back pain from? - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is the back pain from? What is the back pain from?

Unread 04-14-2002, 08:54 AM
back pain

Hi Denise! It's nice to meet you! Fortunately, I'm not close to my period yet. Supposed to get one more period before surgery. Do you think the prolapses cause pressure on the low back, or something?
Wouldn't it be nice if we are in less pain after the hyst?
I was doing a lot of standing on cement floor for the last couple of days. Standing and being on my feet all day, seem to be the worst! I'm in so much pain...I really am....10 out of 10. I'm going to physio next week. Come to think of it, it has bothered me off and on for the last 8 years. At times so bad I can hardly walk, and it hurts to bend down and pick up things off the floor, etc. Do you have that problem too? Need to know there's somebody out there that can relate!
Aaaaaaaarg! How will I cope with this pain and the pain from ssurgery too?
Have any sisters out there felt less back pain after the hyst? Do you think it's possible that a uterus can weigh a lot? I feel like I'm weighed down!
Love and s
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 09:18 AM
What is the back pain from?

((((Sandy)))) Just wanted to jump in here.

I should have mentioned in my previous posts that I had a prolasped uterus too, only 1%, plus I had a retroverted uterus, plus I had the adenomyosis!!

My back pain was terrible, when I had the hysterescope last Sept my dr had to pull my uterus forward and that helped quite a bit, till it reverted again..even after the Ablation in Nov I still had lower back pain..the ONLY thing that stopped my lower back pain was the hysterectomy.

I can't speak for all women, but I have been pain free, and I mean TOTALLY pain free, since I had my hyst..the pain I had from the hysterectomy was much more managable than the pain I was in before!! I wasn't really in pain from the hyst..more soreness and uncomfortable at times, no pains except ofcourse the gas pains, and I knew they would go away..and knowing that, it was alot easier to deal with.

Good luck to you..so sorry you are in so much pain all the time.
Unread 04-14-2002, 09:19 AM

Hi Sandy!
There are days when I can hardly get out of bed my lower back hurts soooo bad. Bending over is almost impossible!I even went to my general doc first for back aches--ask what I did and I said nothing--gave me celebrex and went on my way.
I even thought it was our mattress(only 4 years old).
When I went to my gyn in Feb.----thats when I found out it is probably due to the uterus being prolapsed.
Actually I went in Aug. my uterus was enlarged and in 6 months it prolapse that much!!!!
So my gyn said that hopefully ( he is thinking) this will help my lower back aches . I also have tons of pressure in my vaginal area--more when it is that time
NO YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel the same way you do!
's to you! and best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 10:46 AM
No back pain would be AWESOME!

Hi all -

I have been having terrible back pain for years due to several car accidents. I have severe sciatica, and it's getting worse all the time. It's so bad I can't walk sometimes and have had to get a handicap sticker for the worst days. It does seem to be worse right before my period. I never even thought that part of this could be related to my other problems. I am really excited. My TVH (hopefully) will be on April 23rd, no more bringing a whole bag of pads with me to work plus a change of clothes! I have cancer (don't know what stage yet) so no more cancer and worrying about that as well. I am so glad to find you guys. You give me hope every day, every post and every reply. Thank you so much. God bless and here's to wishing us all a speedy recovery.

LIW Linda
Unread 04-14-2002, 11:52 AM
back pain

Hi Denise, Linda, Annar and everyone!
Thankyou so much! Tons of s to you!

Denise, Don't throw out your mattress! !
Linda, you help me a lot too!!!!
Here's to a new life ladies! A pain free life!!
How do they say that here.....Whooooooohoooooo??!!!!!!!
Sandy
(LAVH with repair for prolapse)
Unread 04-15-2002, 12:28 AM

I saw this thread and just had to give another good report!

For as many years as I can remember, I have had chronic lower back and right hip pain. It was so severe that there was many a night when I would get up out of bed three or four times because I couldn't get comfortable. I would just wander around like a 90-year-old woman, or try sitting on the sofa and various chairs, even lie on the floor, to see if it would feel any better! I was popping Advil like there was no tomorrow.

Well, I am here to tell you that as soon as I had my surgery, that pain was GONE! And it has never come back! I had a super large fibroid and very severe adenomyosis, and everything was just too crowded in there. One of my docs told me the pressure on the spine can cause everything from pain to numbness to sciatica, all kinds of things.

I PREDICT (bold of me huh) that you all will find that your back pain disappears after you have your surgeries.

Unread 04-15-2002, 05:29 AM
Two for one

Wow, thanks everyone for such encouraging posts.

If it wasn't enough to dream about the luxury of no more periods, to be relieved of back pain too is just a fantasy for me.

It helps to have 'focal points' in mind as I prepare for my day in the castle.

Thank you all so much. Maybe we can call join a gymnastics club when we're back to feeling limber again. LOL

Nancy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register