Nothing really matters | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nothing really matters Nothing really matters

Unread 04-10-2002, 05:31 AM
Nothing really matters

This will probably be my last post prior to surgery on April 12th, but I wanted to write & thank everyone for their support, prayers, answering my questions, etc., etc. Finding this site has been a blessing.

I don't want this surgery, it feels as if my life as I have known it will be over, I don't know why this is happening, & especially in such short order.

My mantra as I go into this is just "Nothing really matters". Not what I feel, think, want, etc. None of it matters.

Sorry to end on a down like this. I have at least appreciated being able to vent.

I can't call it a castle, I can't say I'm a lady in waiting, I can't say I'm going to be a princess. Nothing really matters.

Sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 05:34 AM
Nothing really matters

Jeandre,

I wish I had some magic words to help. I can only send my thoughts and prayers that this surgery does give you a measure of relief and you are able to find joy after your recovery.

Please don't stop coming to see us.

Hugs,
Unread 04-10-2002, 05:39 AM
Flood of prayers

Jeandre,

Please know that you are in our prayers that both your physical as well as emotional pains will be healed.

I'm especially praying that someone will enter your life who will make you realize what a special person you are, because we all all God's children and he has a plan for each one of us.

Bless you and please post again post-op.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 05:48 AM
Nothing really matters

I don't think any of us 'want' this surgery... we NEED this surgery to end the pain and bleeding... to me it is the only way to get my life back on a regular basis.... I had to quit work because of the pain and bleeding... I am having my surgery in 2 weeks.. I am frightened almost petrified but its the only way to get the pain to go away... I am tired of eating pain meds that make me moody and sleepy.... I can't workout, don't eat right...
what I am trying to say its all about perspective... try looking at it differently.... the glass will be half full instead of half empty.
I know some women mourn the loss of their uterus... I just don't get that.... but thats me...
I pray that you find peace in this... take good care..
kara
Unread 04-10-2002, 05:49 AM
Oh sweetie

Please remember there are those of us out here who do care about you. Please please please try to feel better. God will be there with you, holding your hand. \

stop back as soon as you are up to it...

God Bless You!!!

Cindy
Unread 04-10-2002, 06:06 AM
Nothing really matters

{{{Jeandre}}} Hugs to you!

When they were getting me ready for surgery 12 days ago, there was a time when I didn't "want" the surgery, but after six weeks (minus 2 days) of non-stop bleeding even after a D&C, I knew I had to go through with it, and in a matter of hours it would be done and I'd be on the road to recovery. I have such relief now that it is over knowing I will never bleed again, I can't tell you how much relief. Things are going better than I ever imagined, and they can for you, too.

The way I look at it is like this - I still have a heart and a mind, I still have lips to smile with and kiss with, eyes to see the family and friends who love me, hands to hold others' hands with, I will still be able to have sex (after I'm healed up!), I still have the rest of my body, I have feet to take a walk with (and it feels so good to take a walk!) - and guess what else?

**You will have all those things, too!!**

Please be encouraged! Things *will* be better on the other side of your surgery. All the ladies here send you our love and acceptance and prayers. Please let us know how things go for you.

Love, Sue
Unread 04-10-2002, 06:23 AM
Nothing really matters

After three years of trying to find what was wrong with me, finally did and less than two week later was scheduled for total vaginal hyster, pelvic floor rebuild, cystocele and rectocele and appendictomy. Surgery went much quicker and painless than I thought. However upon recovery quite a bit of pain, which hospital meds took care of immediately. Slept lots. Sorry, and can relate to the lack of time to investigate and process. Good luck.
Unread 04-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Re: Nothing really matters

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeandre
This will probably be my last post prior to surgery on April 12th, but I wanted to write & thank everyone for their support, prayers, answering my questions, etc., etc. Finding this site has been a blessing.

I don't want this surgery, it feels as if my life as I have known it will be over, I don't know why this is happening, & especially in such short order.

My mantra as I go into this is just "Nothing really matters". Not what I feel, think, want, etc. None of it matters.

Sorry to end on a down like this. I have at least appreciated being able to vent.

I can't call it a castle, I can't say I'm a lady in waiting, I can't say I'm going to be a princess. Nothing really matters.

Sorry.
You say nothing matters? Well, YOU matter! I hope you don't leave us. This place is great, and we all understand what eachother is going through.

I wish you all the best with your surgery and recover and hope to see you still posting on the boards!

Unread 04-10-2002, 10:47 AM
You don't have to do this right now.

Jeandre, a hysterectomy should be a last resort, only after exahusting all other options. It's major surgery, it's final, and there's no going back.

That being said, let me continue. I'm not pro-hyst nor am I anti-hyst. But you are so unsure that this is the right thing for you and I feel that you should get another opinion before you undergo this surgery.

It's not to late to say no. Yours isn't an emergency surgery. You have time to see another doctor and get yet another opinion. You should be positive that a hysterectomy is absolutely necessary before you actually go through with it. Otherwise, you'll live the rest of you life wondering if you did the right thing.

Your surgery is Friday. You have time to cancel or postpone it. And remember that you can cancel right up until the time you are wheeled into the Operating Room.

Please, Jeandre, be sure you are comfortable with this decision before you go through with it.

Unread 04-10-2002, 10:51 AM
Nothing really matters

Dear Jeandre,

I'm really concerned about you.

Please share your feelings that nothing really matters with your doctor, now, before your surgery. Your doctor needs to know that you are having these feelings.

While other women have shared their feelings about not wanting to have a hysterectomy, I can't remember anyone who sounded as depressed as you do, before their surgery. You sound so sad!

Your Hystersisters care about you. We care very much. You matter to us, Jeandre. Please tell your doctor about your feelings. And please let us know how you're doing.

Sending healing hugs,
Helen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register