6 days and freaking out | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days and freaking out 6 days and freaking out

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:13 AM
6 days and freaking out

Hi all, 1st time posting here. Having surgery on the 16th, I am barely sleeping, I feel like a wreck, I am young (28) and never thought I would be going through this at my age. I am in constant pain (adeno/prolapsed uterus & bladder), so I know that I will feel better after the surgery...but I am shaking. Packed my bag last night, couldnt sleep ( I think I have everything I could possibly need-chapstick, slippers, robe, XL panties, a book, some mags, notecards, gum, toiletries, pic of my family, pillow, and even a pair of jammies-which I doubt I need but just in case) is there anything I am missing. is anyone bringing stuff for the nurses? I was thinking about baking some choc chip cookies, LMK what you think.OK enough of my babbling
Lynn
lavh/sling on 4-16-02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:28 AM
6 days and freaking out

I know how you feel, I too am having my surgery on the 16 of April, and I feel up and down at the same time. I have not been getting much sleep, either, I was up last nite at 1:00am!

I have not packed my bag as yet, but you gave me some great ideas! I am glad to have found some other ladies having their surgery the same time as I am, it is comforting to me.
Unread 04-10-2002, 07:08 AM
6 days and freaking out

Hugs to you ladies!

You'll come out of this just fine - I'm 12 days post-op with an LAVH/LSO and my recovery has been great! Lynn, sounds like you're ready for your hospital visit - go ahead and bake those cookies! (Just don't forget to have some! ) It will keep your mind and body busy! Don't exhaust yourself the day before surgery. If you don't sleep much the night before - and I wonder how many of us did! - don't worry about it. Put on some soothing music/a favorite movie/even just peace and quiet, lay down or recline, close your eyes and rest your body!

By the way, you might want to try something I do to get and keep the bowels moving . I have 4 "bite sized" dried prunes (I personally like them better than prune juice), half a buttered bagel and a hot cup of tea every morning for breakfast. It works for me! So go buy some dried prunes so they're in the house for after surgery LOL! I find mine near the applesauce/canned fruit section of the supermarket.

Hugs and prayers to you ladies! Please come back to let us know how you're doing after surgery. Love, Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 07:35 AM
5 days to go

I have 5 days to go. My op is on Monday, April 15th. Went for pre-op yesterday. I took list of questions from this web site to ask Doc. I too am up and down. I try really hard to focus on the positive outcome of this deal, but there are days when I am a nervous wreck. I suppose that is natural. I'm having trouble sleeping too.

Oh yeah, got the instructions for day before bowel prep. What fun I'll be having on Sunday........I suppose that is necessary too.

I cannot wait until I'm no longer a LIW and can write you all about my recovery. Not long now.

I also just want to thank everyone for the postings, this site is keeping me going. The words of encouragement and the success stories help me keep focused and positive.
Unread 04-10-2002, 08:10 AM
6 days and freaking out

Gosh,

There's lots of us up and down today! Me, too! 5 days to go for me.

Debbie

Unread 04-10-2002, 04:31 PM
April 16th

I am scheduled for April16th..I had my testing and Im in the holding pattern..

Been crying one moment...yelling the next. My DH will be the only one here to help me and yet i keep yelling at him... biting the hand that feeds me??

I dont know if he thinks Ive lost my mind..but I think I have!

I have been very achey...very exhausted...and fatigued. Getting headaches..sinus headaches maybe? Doctor said I have TMJ..which is causing my ear pains..Husband said he hears me grinding my teeth...aint that ducky?
There is nothing that I feel like doing..and to be honest..i feel like it doesnt matter.

I get nightmares about having children..i have dreams that maybe I dont need a hysterectomy...and then when i wake up...I deal with the daily exhaustion... and the realization...its gonna happen in a matter of days..

Please tell me everything will be fine!!!!

Dancindebz@aol.com
Unread 04-10-2002, 09:58 PM
support

i'm one week POST-OP and believe me i know what you're going through ladies....i almost called MD and said never mind i'll live with this pain if i can only avoid surgery!!! i didn't sleep night before at all so i conked out during the insertion of the epidural...and woke up 6 hours later with little to no pain.

i wish i'd been advised to clear out the bowel though...gas pains are the worst! so definitely do that....

it's scary no matter how you look at it but i just kept thinking ...won't it be nice not to have take ibuprofen before i get out of bed so i can start the day? won't it be nice to go and do what i want when i want without worrying that i'll embarass myself by leaving a red puddle somewhere? won't it be nice to leisurely walk to the bathroom when i have to pee instead of holding my crotch so i don't wet my pants???

i slept most of the time in the castle so i didn't read, watch tv or even eat much. i brushed my hair and my teeth..that's all i could manage. before you know it you'll be home...sleeping some more. relax, take it easy and pamper yourself.
Unread 04-10-2002, 10:18 PM
5 more days for me too......

I can't sleep and I'm weepy again over some problems my DS is having......a mysterious lump on one testicle.....now HE has to be taken for all these tests and Dr. Appts........Oh dear......hurry up and get here April 15th !!!!!!!! I want off the rollercoaster !!!!!!!! I'm a single parent !!!!!!!!!
s
Deb
Unread 04-11-2002, 01:04 AM
6 days and freaking out

AHHH that waiting time is so hard, isnt it?

You will be ok ladies. I' five weeks post op and believe me, the waiting is indeed the hardest thing to do.

Yep, I can already tell you that I dont miss leaving puddles, or never leaving the house in fear of leaving them, not running to the BR every two minutes (well, if I'm drinking my water I still go often), but the great thing this week is that I've been sick and coughed hard all week and guess what? No leaks

Just relax, take good care of yourselves, and yep, the cookies are are great idea too. Nurses love those things.

Let us know how you are doing afterwards too when you feel like sitting some and posting.

God Bless,
Unread 04-11-2002, 01:22 AM
had tvh april 8th

hi girls
i had mine done april 8th tvh, did SO well my pain level was noticeable almost immed how much better i felt, especially NO back pain and i have to say my recovery has gone so much better than i ever could have dreamed. i have had many women tell me i wouldnt be sorry and how much better they felt but i truly didnt think i would feel this IMMEDiately. it was that obvious and i hope u find the same to be true.
i came home the same night which i think IS unusual but i really was doing well and i had a roommate in extreme pain from unknown causes and she andi both were up often competing for the potty. trouble was having to wait for the bathroom to be cleaned of each others measuring urine caps in the toilet gotto me. i figured since i was doing so well and my dr said i could go home that was why i did. most people would opt to stay tho.
i have been walking fine... cramping is manageable with round the clock motrin and the pain is there off and on but the percoset manages it well for me. i know so many others dont have easy recoveries and i am doing LITTLe to jeopardze my fortune thus far. i still worry over complications and am careful but its hard to do when feeling pretty good. BUT so important as i know and u all do too.
i join all the others telling you the waiting is the worst.
another plus which is weird but i found for me.. was even prior to surgery my b/p was running 142/90... this past year and a half it has run high and we have been watching it for awhile now. every time they monitored me after surgery which was hourly it had dropped to 117/77 amd then dropped lower. since being home it is running NORMAL and i had NO clue that this TOO was related to my problems. i cannot believe how much of my life and health has been affected by the dang fibroids and adeno. i was so anemic for so long and had NO idea how dangerous that too can be,
good luck all!!
jandrie

tvh april 8, many fibroids, polyp. and adeno. no MORE severe pain and bleeding and Anemia!! hoorah!!!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register