Tilted Uterus.. Any Info? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tilted Uterus.. Any Info? Tilted Uterus.. Any Info?

Unread 04-10-2002, 07:05 AM
Tilted Uterus.. Any Info?

Hey there ladies! Hope you are all doing well. I came across a thread this morning, starting reading it. It wasn't for the specific topic I am asking about tho, it just mentioned it.

I have a tilted uterus, or so I think I still have. Docs haven't mentioned anything about it since 91 when I was pregnant with my first child.

Does having a tilted uterus cause more pain and or pressure in the back and abdomen than a uterus that is in normal position? Just curious about this. Welcome ANY and ALL replies.

Nervous In Kansas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 07:52 AM
Hello

I also had a tilted uterus and did not know until I had my first baby in 1993. I always had back pain with my periods ( with my labours to) I am almost 7 months post op from my surgery and am happy to report NO BACK PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is wonderful.

Let us know how you feel after your surgery. Give yourself a couple of cycles to see how that part feels.

Take care and good luck

Katie
Unread 04-10-2002, 07:57 AM

A also had a tilted uterus and didn't find out till I was pregnant. It didn't cause me any pain or backache. I wonder if it just depends how much it's tilting and whether it's putting pressure on any other organs.

The tilting doesn't impact a hysterectomy, should you need one, as the Drs know about it beforehand and are prepared.

Ann P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 08:18 AM

Hi , I also had a tilted uterus and had tremendous back pain as well as back labour with my kids. I would say that it does cause more back pain but you need to wait until after surgery and recovery to determine that is what it is. I had a SAH/BSO March 28th for endo,adhesions, and scar tissue. My surgery went fine and now I am on the up swing of recovery. My sister also has a tilted uterus and had lap ablation for endo. She has back pain but it is better since her surgery 1 year ago. I hope the surgery solves it for you. Take care and let us know how you do.

Unread 04-10-2002, 12:42 PM
I Guess I Will Find Out.......

..... after I have the hyster.

Thanks for replies, ladies!
Unread 04-10-2002, 02:11 PM

Amy,
I used to have a tilted uterus - had it before and after children. I had fibroids and adenomyosis, which only added to the pressure of my uterus pushing against my tailbone. My doctor told me that my back is "really where you are going to feel it after surgery", but fortunately, I did not. Actually, I felt MUCH better, right away!

When I asked my doctor if having a tilted uterus made the surgery more difficult, he said it actually made it EASIER to separate my uterus away from my bladder. I had no bladder problems whatsoever after my surgery. So you see, there "are" some advantages!

Good luck. You have found a great spot. These ladies on this board are THE BEST!!
Unread 04-10-2002, 02:30 PM

I also have a tilted uterus - although, not for much longer
I have very much pain, due to endo and fibroids, but never have I had any back pain that I would associate with lazy uterus - can't even stand up straight, the darn thing!

What's funny is I've had two doctors tell me between the tilted uterus, the endo, and the fibroids, it's a good thing I didn't want children because it probably would have been difficult for me to conceive and/or carry a baby to term. Hmmm, wonder if maybe my mind didn't know this all along.
Unread 04-10-2002, 03:02 PM

Boy am I glad this thread got started! I, too, have a tilted uterus and have always had some annoying aching back pain the first couple days of my cycle. Never associated that with the tilted uterus though.

Also had back labor for a week before I had my one and only back in '77, but was never told that it could have been because of a tilted uterus.

When Mother Nature usually comes a-callin, I pop an 800 mg Motrin and I'm good for the day. Well SHE came a-callin yesterday and because I go to the castle tomorrow (YEA!), Motrin is a no-no. Tylenol is helping but not as much as the Motrin does.

Oh well, 19 hours and counting down!
Unread 04-11-2002, 01:55 PM

Just bumping this back up!
Unread 04-11-2002, 04:21 PM

Hi Ami-- I had a tilted uterus. Periods are painful with these as the position of uterus makes it harder to empty its contents. Sex in some postions can be painful because the ovaries are also tilted back as they are attatched to the uterus. So deep penetration or sex at certain angles can cause the penis to bump the ovaries! UCK! This is similar to a guy getting hit in the testicles. Some have a harder time getting pregnant (not a problem here) I did however have unbearable heavy periods from a very young age. (10) Also women with a tipped uterus are more prone to having a prolapsed uterus, which I had also. Hope this helps.
P.S. I also had unbearable lower back pain as well with my periods.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register