Tilted Uterus.. Any Info? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tilted Uterus.. Any Info? Tilted Uterus.. Any Info?

Unread 04-11-2002, 06:58 PM
tilted uterus

hi Amy--i have found my tilted(folded over and curled) uterus causes really bad back pain--i will just see after my visit to the castle how much relief i get. i have let it go to long. i can not even do house work--due to the pain. i am not in pain sitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 08:12 AM
Tilted Uterus.. Any Info?

I have my pre-op on 4/17, hyster 4/23. When I go for my pre-op, I am going to ask my doc about my tilted uterus (as I am almost positive she will want to do a quick pelvic exam). Either way, I will see how much relief I get after the hyster. Thanks for all the replies.

Also ing this up!
Unread 04-12-2002, 08:31 AM

I was told that I had a tilted uterus some years ago, which had a significant impact on my failure to realize that symptoms of painful intercourse, back pain and difficulty with tampon insertion were indications of fibroid growth (uterus grossly enlarged and so heavy that it is presenting in the vaginal canal). Eventually sought treatment thinking it might be prolapse, only to find that I had a family of fibroids - during my uteroscopy, Doc said he couldn't tell where the fibroids ended and my uterine wall began. Awaiting surgery date for TAH and can hardly wait for an empty vaginal canal and the disappearance of a five-month pregnancy belly!! The good news is that this diagnosis has allowed me to avoid a long protracted legal battle with the makers of my Abmaster!! It just wasn't workin' no matter how hard I tried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 10:03 AM

I had a tilted uterus. Does anyone know if this is hereditary? I have daughters, one has horrible pain for the first day of her period.

I always had bad cramps and pain during sex. I didn't know I had a tilted uterus until after my 2nd girl was born. They told me then, now it all makes sense. I had awful labor pains and I'm so glad I'm a as all that is behind me now!

Good luck on your surgery! You will not believe how good you feel after you are a

Hm, reading the previous posts, I now know why some sexual positions hurt! I guess I will have to experiment!

Sara
Unread 04-12-2002, 10:42 AM

The answer is yes-- your chances are much higher than average if someone like your mom had one that you will too. However, my 13 year old has not had much problems so I think she is OK.
Unread 04-12-2002, 11:01 AM

Thanks Sheri! I also have a 13 year old as well as the 17 year old. Not only do they probably both have tilted uterus's but one has a 50% chance of having twins!

Sara
Unread 04-12-2002, 04:55 PM

Gadget Girl,
I think my mother said she had a tilted uterus, as well. I do think it tends to be hereditary.
Unread 04-12-2002, 08:03 PM

Shouldn't we all be changing our titles to, "Formerly Tilted Princesses" ?

I am joining the club as well, mine is..wait, WAS tilted..probably the reason I never got pregnant very easily, either. My daughter is 22, hers is tilted as well, the Ob/Gyn people have already told her if she ever wants kids, she'll probably have a hard time getting pregnant.

Come to think of it, my mothers was also tilted, severely enough so that they actually did surgery, even way back then (she's 78 ),
which is probably the only reason I am here today.

I had back pain and intense back labor as well. BLECH to those memories.

Cynthia
Unread 04-13-2002, 12:51 AM

Hey I am also part of the tilted uterus club! As for having kids - I have 4, one being a set of twins. So I am not sure how "reliable" tilted uterus"ssss" are. Seems all of them have a mind of their own! I know I have back and side pain as mine is quite bad now, and as for labor I had the "wonderful" 24-36 hour kind, back labor and all. So like a lot of these ladies I am looking forward to ripping it all out! Hope it all goes good for you.
Unread 04-13-2002, 05:45 AM

Hey gadget girl, every female in my family including myself has or had a tilted uterus. So it seems that there is a genetic component to it. Like Carey said above, they all had a mind of there own. I had endo before i got pregnant and a tilted uterus and had no problem concieving. In fact my dh said he wish we would have been able to have a little more "practice". Then on the other hand I know other ladies that have had problems. So you just don't know.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register