Warning!!!!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Warning!!!!!!! Warning!!!!!!!

Unread 04-10-2002, 10:07 AM
Warning!!!!!!!

Hello Pre-OP Ladies in waiting,

I was reading some of the other post and clicked on a link in a post that took me to www.pelvicfloor.com
Whatever you do DON"T GO THERE!!!!!!!
It shows the entire surgery. I mean REAL pictures!
And I thought I was scared before.
Just wanted to warn you just in case you happen upon this post.
I'm not sure where it was but I strongly recommend pre-op's steer clear of the pelvicfloor website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 10:12 AM
Warning!!!!!!!

Jodi,

I went there before my surgery. If you are squeemish don't go there. I found it fascinating and made me feel more secure as I knew what they were going to do to my body.

Everyone is different...Take care
Unread 04-10-2002, 10:14 AM
Amen!

Jodi,

I just want to give an 'Amen' to your warning. I, also, went to pelvicfloor.com just yesterday. There are plenty of warnings before you see the actual photographs, but I just had to see for myself. I think I was there for .05 of one second before I got out.

I don't really know why anyone other than a doctor would need to see that much graphic coverage.

Don't even go there, girls. Trust me.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 10:43 AM
Warning!!!!!!!

My DH is a paramedic and I'm taking him there tonight. Was going to do it several days ago and we got busy. I think it will impress him with just how major a deal this thing is.

I copied some of the drop down lists a few days ago for him to read. He has been so thoughtful since then. He even cleaned out the garage yesterday. Been wanting him to do that for 8 years! lol

Debbie
Unread 04-10-2002, 11:05 AM
Warning!!!!!!!

LOL.. I actually found that whole site very neat. I love all the medical stuff, though.. I'd just say that if you don't like the gruesome pics, don't visit...

S!
Unread 04-10-2002, 11:40 AM
WOW

You are all right....It is gross but facinating also.
One thing about it, IF your DH does not think this is somewhat a serious surgery, SHOW them the pictures and ask them if they would like to go thru it...lol Maybe all of us will get more help afterwards...

runabout
(lynne)
Unread 04-10-2002, 12:46 PM
One Year Post--Found it Interesting--But POST

I've also seen photos of cancerous ovaries (which I had) and after the fact they didn't bother me. This site is best left to those post-surgery who are interested but I definitely didn't mind one bit. Pre-surgery--it's going to be too much for a lot of the princesses, I think. Wish I could re-find the site I found last year that had drawings (not photos) of how a TAH/BSO (those were the photos that interested me as that's what I had) is done--a lot easier to look at.
Unread 04-11-2002, 02:24 PM
I had checked it out

I had checked out pelvicfloor.com and glad that i had done so. This website is not for everyone. I however found it very helpful. It is quite graffic in nature but I had to know exactly what they were going to do.

I agree everyone is different and has to do different things to prepare themselves for surgery.

Gayle
Unread 04-11-2002, 03:50 PM
ya right!

Jodi

Well....tell a child not to open the box! I went there...just call me Eve.
The doctor sounded so proud and I'm grateful that he is putting out the info for thoses interested. I was actually hoping to see some nerve involvement, looking for answers to connect fibroid uterus with leg pain.
Hey...don't knock it, Debbie got her garage cleaned!
Maralyn
Unread 04-11-2002, 03:54 PM
Warning!!!!!!!

I agree the site is a little graphic. But it actually calm me down some. Rather than guessing what was going to happen I got a color graphic and it so happens that my fibroid is about the same size. Now I know why my stomach is so bloated on that side.

Not for everyone to see pre-op, but very interesting for those of us hooked on the medical scene.

Barb

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register