Fan | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-10-2002, 11:49 AM
Fan

Hi to all,

Another trivial question. (I keep thinking of this stuff, but don't know who else to ask.)

Last week when I was in the hospital for my anemia and shortness of breath, the temperature in my room was a lot warmer than I'm used to. (I'm one of those people who sleep with a fan on in the middle of winter.)

I have a small (very small) desk fan that I bought for work, and I was wondering if I could bring it to the hosptial for my surgery with me. It doesn't take up much room at all, but does cool pretty well.

Has anyone else tried this?

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Fan

Hi there! Sounds like a good idea to me, but you better check with the hospital first. Sometimes they have strict rules about certain electrical devices.
Unread 04-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Fan

Yes, I would just give the hospital a call and ask about their policies.
Will you have a private room? If so you will probably have your own thermostat. I did and it was nice.
Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 01:24 PM
Fan

I work in a hospital and have been a member of the safety committee. We have strict rules about anything brought into a hospital must be URL approved and checked out by the engineering department. We do have fans available for patients in our central supply, you might want to check that. Also, if your fan were battery powered there wouldn't be an issue.

Good luck!! Stay cool!

Unread 04-10-2002, 02:12 PM
Fan

While I was at the castle they gave me a fan for my room. You may want to inquire if they have any and then you wouldn't have to bring your own. Even though you may have your own thermostat you may not want colder air just air that is moving around. Good luck and best wishes. Dosi
Unread 04-10-2002, 02:22 PM
Fan

I would check witht hospital my pamplet said no electrical devices could be brought in.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register