Starting to get stressed------- | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting to get stressed------- Starting to get stressed-------

Unread 04-10-2002, 11:56 AM
Starting to get stressed-------

I am not due for surgery until May 1st, but all of a sudden I am starting to get VERY nervous to the point that I had a slight anxiety attack this morning!!!:cry:

I think I will call doc and see if I can get something. I thought I was soooooooo under control--NOT-----
I know the waiting is the worst part!!!!!

Can anyone tell me if they can give you something other than morphine for pain afterwards???? I know how it makes people feel and not sure if I want to be that out of it?????

Thanks for listening and being here you guys are great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 12:10 PM
Hi

Yes, the weeks leading up to the surgery date are a bit of a roller coaster ride. Sometimes can be pretty stressful and other days we feel like we are coping just fine. By all means call the doctor and see if he can give you something to help you get through the wait.
There are many different options to the morphine. Other types of pain meds can be administered through your IV and there are a variety of pain pills that can be given to you in the hopspital and prescribed for home use. I'd discuss these with your doctor as well. It is nice to know what your options are in advance.
Good luck and take it easy. It really is going to be okay.
Unread 04-10-2002, 01:25 PM

or

Pretty much represents how I feel...one minute I want it tomorrow, the next I want to run away from it all!
YES! the waiting is the worst! I should know this from my experiences with other surgeries! My moment of panic comes about 5 minutes before they put you out...my Dr. knows now to give me something BEFORE! Last surgery, he was late...there I was on the table WAITING, all sorts of thoughts going through my head...NONE of them good! 20 minutes and I cracked! Got up and said "I am OUT of here!" Good thing he showed up at that moment, cause I would have left...but he calmed me down and next thing I know I was waking up!
As for pain meds, have had them all! My choice is Demoral...takes the pain away quickly and doesn't leave you stoned out of your tree! Though, I did tell my DR. that I liked his hairy chest :shocked: He hasen't let me forget it either! Anyway...I am starting to ramble...Good Luck!

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Kathy that was SOOOOOO funny!

Sooooo you liked his hairy chest !!! I was cracking up ! I loved your rambling ! Thanks I needed that !!
My pre-op is tomorrow.....lab is Fri and Monday I become a !!!!!!
If it were not for my Dr. prescribing a mild nerve pill I'd be sitting here crying or up and cleaning like a mad woman ! emotional rollercoaster !!! What a GOD send to smooth things out......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Deborah
PS my Dr. is about hmmmm in his late 60's I can see his face if said that !!!! ROTFLOL
Unread 04-10-2002, 04:56 PM

Hey, DMB & Deborah,

I'm freaking out this evening, too. Don't want to call for medication, on too much as it is. This will pass.

Tomorrow I will be busy at work. Had my pre-op & lab on Monday, 4 more full days, then surgery on Monday!

Debbie
Unread 04-10-2002, 05:07 PM
Hey same DAY DEBBIE !!!

Hang in there sister we don't have far to go !!!!!!!!

:eyes:
sssssssss
Deborah

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register