I've Got It, I've Got It! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I've Got It, I've Got It! I've Got It, I've Got It!

Unread 04-10-2002, 12:15 PM
I've Got It, I've Got It!

After some serious searching and thinking, I have got the PERFECT idea for a gift for my GYN to show my appreciation. Some lovely candles and a couple candle holders, wrapped in tissue and in a small pretty gift bag, along with a thank you card and a hand written note expressing my gratitude. She will be presented with this at my post-op appointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Good Idea!

But what to buy for a male GYN?

Any ideas?
Unread 04-10-2002, 12:34 PM

Hmm.. a male GYN. Well first thing that popped into my head was cologne, but you gotta be cautious on that sort of thing.. some people can't wear certain scents. Then I thought a tie, but then again.. think of what they wear most of the time LOL. A good idea would be to put together a little goodie basket. It could be done for male, or female. You know most docs are too busy to take time to eat much of anything. I am constantly catching my gyn walking down the halls eating crackers or fruit. What about making a small little goodie basket up? You could add a few pieces of fruit, some trail mix, crackers.. maybe a summer sausage and small block of cheese? Or better yet... got to http://www.hickoryfarms.com and browse around. I often order from them for people who are picky (like my Dad). They do have small packages for under 20 bucks.

Will be interesting to see what you come up with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 02:10 PM
Thanks!

Thanks for the ideas. I love the Hickory Farms site and the Harry and David fruit site also. (I love their pears!)

One idea too might be a large coffee mug with different types of coffees and coco packets. Or my favorite - chocolates. (Of course, there's always the danger that the chocolates would never make it. That's my one weakness in life!)

Lisa

Unread 04-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Male Gyn Gift

Hi, I got my dr who was a male a very nice copy of The Prayer Of Jabez. It was a really nice copy, one you like to keep and not read and also a small thank you card. I told him I figured he probably had a copy but this one was a keep sake. He said he would pass his old copy along to someone else and was thrilled with his little gift. He prayed for me before I had surgery. He is such a sweet dr. I am very blessed. Blessings in Christ, Mikki Jo
Unread 04-10-2002, 03:13 PM

My doc told me what he wanted: a picture of me in a bikini after my surgery! He has practiced for over 30 years, and I was the first to do it, and he asks all his patients! I went to St. Lucia last summer 10 weeks after my surgery. My hubby took a pic of me in the ocean with a sign that read, "Thanks Dr. ____!" I gave it to him on my next visit. He loved it and shows all his patients that you can look great even after a hyster. My girlfriend who recommended him in the first place just got back from Florida with a pic her hubby took for doc. that I can't wait to see. She wrote on it, "I was the Queen before Lesley was the princess!" LOL Now there's an idea for you. Maybe a nice frame would work with it. PS-I had on a 2 piece and still had swelly belly, but I didn't care! For the first time in years I had a vacation free of cramps, bleeding, and misery!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register