More Questions!!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More Questions!!!!! More Questions!!!!!

Unread 04-10-2002, 12:50 PM
More Questions!!!!!

hi, I am still going nuts, one minute I am so glad that its next week, and then the next minute, I think, well I refuse to have it done, then I am back to wanting the surgery, AM I NUTS???

Ok, next question, I just got paperwork from insurance comp about the surgery, what is ANTERIOR COLPORRHAPY? I have no clue and cant remember one thing the doc said about it

Finally what is the bowel prep, havent had my pre op yet, want to be prepared for this, have no clue about this either!

Ok, enough questions for now, thanks for all the help and support!

Lynn
LAVH/sling (and anterior colporrhapy, whatever that is!) on 4/16/02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 01:06 PM
More Questions!!!!!

I don't know exactly what the term means, but I had a tvh and sling along with some rectal work on 2/25. When they told me the name of the surgeries when I was in the hosp (I had 2 diff surgeons) I didn't recognize anything but the hysterectomy. I too couldn't wait for surgery (I was in alot of pain), then as soon as the pain subsided I would decide I was not going to do it. It is the best thing I have ever done. I'm 6 weeks post op and I actually have had less overall pain since the surgery than before it. I should tell you though that I prepared myself for the hardest part of all -DOING NOTHING!! That means I had to lower my standards around the house and we've had tons of take out and pizza. Now I'm cleared to get back into my normal routine and it may take a while to get things back in order.

Everyone is different, mine was for a severe prolapse, but I just wanted to let you know that for me it was worth the agonizing months of testing and waiting. I felt like it would never actually get here (I started this process in Oct.), now I can't believe I'm actually on the other side and feel good. I actually don't have to be constantly worried about wetting myself - I don't even get up at night to pee!! The cramps are gone!! The pressure is gone!!
BEST OF LUCK AND I HOPE YOU ARE SAYING THE SAME THING SOON,
Unread 04-10-2002, 01:10 PM
More Questions!!!!!

Hi, Lynn,

Here's an explanation I found of the procedure, from the link below:

http://www.mybladdermd.com/glossary.htm

Anterior colporrhaphy
A vaginal procedure to reestablish the supports between the bladder and vagina to fix a cystocele

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Helen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 01:15 PM
More Questions!!!!!

First of all, let me say that no, you are not nuts. I felt the same way before my hyst and I've heard many others say the same about theirs.

I didn't know what a colporrhaphy is, so I looked it up in my medical dictionary. It says suture of the vagina. Anterior means in front. So, I'm assuming you're having some repair done toward the front part of your vagina. Sorry I couldn't explain more.

As far as bowel preps go, different drs want their patients to do different things, and some don't request any at all. Just do what your dr tells you to do and don't do any kind of prep unless instructed to do so.

Good luck to ya!
Unread 04-10-2002, 01:21 PM
More Questions!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by PDawn
First of all, let me say that no, you are not nuts. I felt the same way before my hyst and I've heard many others say the same about theirs.

I didn't know what a colporrhaphy is, so I looked it up in my medical dictionary. It says suture of the vagina. Anterior means in front. So, I'm assuming you're having some repair done toward the front part of your vagina. Sorry I couldn't explain more.

As far as bowel preps go, different drs want their patients to do different things, and some don't request any at all. Just do what your dr tells you to do and don't do any kind of prep unless instructed to do so.

Good luck to ya!
P.S. I must've been typing at the same time princessh was. Glad she found more info for you.
Unread 04-10-2002, 01:29 PM
More Questions!!!!!

Each doctor has different bowel prep instructions. For me, it was liquids only for 2 days prior (with laxatives each evening) and 2 enemas the night before. NOTHING to eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery. And you know, it really wasn't that bad. I thought I'd starve to death (yeah, right), but I had juices, jello, and broth and felt fine. I didn't get any "solids" til the 3rd day in the hosp. and that was oatmeal and yogurt. Oh, and a slice of toast. So, just do whatever the doctor tells you. We are stronger than we think! You can do it!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register