Lupron | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-10-2002, 01:35 PM
Lupron

I have endo and was told I would have to have a hyst I don't know at this point if it will be vaginal or abdominal due to a very tilted utereus . I am scheduled to have the surgery in May. After taking lots of pain pills and weeks of heavy bleeding the doctor said he could put me on lupron shots til I could get my family/work in order to take off. I received my first short in March. The pain has gone away for the most part and so has the periods. Has anyone had these shots? He said I could only take them for 6 months and at the end of that time the problem may or may not be resolved. Because of family/work I can't take off just any time so I don't know which way to go. He also said I would be off for 4 weeks is this a normal time? Most of the posting I have read said 6 weeks. Also the nurse at my doctors office was snippy with me so I asked her to have the dr call me. He called me and bit my head off. Now I'm not comfortable with my dr and was never comfortable with the hospital. I'm going for a second opinion tomorrow but I am worried at this point what the other doctor will say since I'm on lupron and not in any pain. I requested from the first dr to send copies of my records to the second dr to get the second opinion and they have yet to send them anything. Can the second dr give me an opinion without the laproscopy results and all the history? I'm not comfortable with any dr and waited 8 years to go to an gyn and only then cause pain was so bad. I know this is long but I'm really confused and not sure what to do at this point. How can you put your life off for 4+ weeks? Is 2 weeks to soon to be planing to work from home?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 04:12 PM
Lupron

s for you Kteh!
How annoying! But you are making a wise move in seeking another doctor if yours is not responding the way you need him to. Honestly, you may even need to seek a third opinion as well, but realize this will be to your benefit. You and your new doctor should be able to cover a lot of ground, even without past test and surgery results. Though your records may not have arrived by the time of your visit, I would think you would want this new doctor to see your records before making any recommendations. So try to be patient, it will all get worked out in the end. Now, I am assuming that if your first doc said 4 weeks to return to work, that a TVH was being recommended? I did return after 4 weeks, but my return was limited and I was quite tired during week 5 & 6 at work but managed to do okay. It will depend of course on how well your recovery progresses and I do think I was an exception. You don't say what kind of work you would do from home, so not sure how to answer that one. I personally found it difficult to concentrate for any length of time - even to watch tv for the first month. Any physical work at two weeks should probably be discouraged, but you should take your doctors advice on that one. Start writing down your concerns and questions so when you visit your new doctor you will feel less confused about all of the things you need to talk about and you won't forget to discuss if they are down on paper...write down the answers too! Any doctor discussing this surgery should have the concern, patience and understanding to accomodate you in this. I hope your visit goes well...please let us know how it goes and all the best to you!
Unread 04-10-2002, 04:38 PM
Lupron

dear 4kteh, I can't believe that your doctor had the nerve to treat you like that (wait a minute he's a doctor yes i can!) I have had to deal with incompetent doctors before in the past also. I wouldn't waste my time nor my hard earned money on his arrogance anymore. There are to many good doctors out there that want to help you and not just for the money. We are talking about your health and well being. take the time and find a gyn. that really listens to you, trust your instincts. I to have endo. severely. I was in pain most of my life. I was told by arrogant good for nothing doctors like you had, that is was just a woman thing and that i should just bite my lip, stop being a baby and deal with it. needless to say i didn't accept that and moved on to another doctor and another until finally one of them suspected endo.( a woman of course). It took some time but i eventually got in for a lap.(last week) now i am getting a hysterectomy in 2 weeks. My endo. was all over the place fallopian tubes, ovaries, uterus,even on my liver, which they said is really rare. so don't hesitate find a good doctor and get the hyst. done. oh and my doctor told me that lupron just suppresses the endo. and puts you into menopauseand most of the time doesn't take all the pain away.why prolong the inevitable just get the hyst. good luck!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register