Very Mad------ | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very Mad------ Very Mad------

Unread 04-10-2002, 02:40 PM
Very Mad------

Well ladies I posted this morning that everything was set for May1 at 10:30 am--well the Doc's office called and some how the people at the hopsital went ahead and scheduled all this but-----there will be assistant for the doc, he will be on vacation for 2 weeks
I had EVERYTHING set up--help , rides to school everyone took vactions already so now I have idea until atleast till May 15th whats going on.
So until then I wait--------Thanks for all your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 02:55 PM
Bummer

Hi!

That is my biggest fear! Now that I have finally accepted the inevitable, I'm afraid the doctor will have to postpone for some reason.

I too, have set everything up for my surgery on April 24. Kids are going to grandma's for a couple of days, husband has arranged to take emergency family medical leave for 4 - 6 weeks if I need him etc.

Sure hope everything goes well for you.

Cherilynn
Unread 04-10-2002, 05:27 PM
cooled down

Ok Im feeling a little better. Talked it over with everyone that was helping and everyone has switched their days for me how sweet!!!!
So I will go on May 15th instead of May 1st at 12:30 pm not too bad. Now I just have a few more days to add on for worry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 05:39 PM
Very Mad------

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to reschedule everything, but glad to hear that everyone was so willing to reschedule the help and that you're feeling better about it now.

I always try to tell myself that things happen for a reason. Sometimes that is very tough. Try to think of it this way...with your dr just coming back from vacation, he'll be more rested and less burnt out feeling.
Unread 04-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Very Mad------

I can relate. My surgery was all scheduled for Monday, April 1st and I had my three pre-ops done and my hospital pre-op done and then the Friday before surgery we had to cancel my surgery as I caught strep throat from my little girl. That was sure some April Fool's day joke on me! Now my surgery is rescheduled for Monday, May 6th and I'm praying that I will be healthy enough to do it this time! My throat is hurting again for some reason. My dd and myself had a problem with the strep being resistent to the antibiotics that we were on and had to take stronger medication. My daughter for 20 days! Anyway, I could relate with those, like you, who have their surgery canceled and have to wait longer. I'm glad that everyone who were to help you could work their schedules out to still help out. That happened with me as well. I do have to do my gyn pre-op over again, and the hospital pre-op, but that's not so bad either. Best wishes and prayers to you.
Unread 04-10-2002, 05:54 PM
Very Mad------

WOW!
I hope you guys are feeling better. I had taking antibiotics that long.
I am lucky had no pre-op's yet with the hospital. My doc was very sorry that things had to change--but I guess it is for the better.
Good luck to you and Best wishes

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register