Date's been set | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Date's been set Date's been set

Unread 04-10-2002, 05:38 PM
Date's been set

I've been reading the posts for 2 weeks now and found answers to many of my own questions. I'm grateful to everyone that takes the time to answer the questions because it helped me make my decision to have the operation. Today I went to the dr and scheduled a TAH June 7th. The dr was very thorough with her explanation as to what will be done and what to expect. I'm losing the uterus, the cervix and my tubes. I keep my ovaries. Horizontal cut, Heprin (?) to thin my blood, morphine pump, antibiotics at time of surgery to avoid infection, etc. The monthly blood loss and pain from several large fibroids (uterus is size of 3 month pregnancy) really forced my decision. I'm taking 900 mg of iron to combat my anemia which of course caused constipation. I was diagnosed with diverticulitis in Nov/01 which has now been irritated because of the constipation. I had to go to the ER 2 nights ago for the pain but was sent back home 7 hours later and told to take Tylenol and stop the iron for awhile.

Now I play the waiting game and am surprised that I'm not more hysterical then I am right now. I'm sure this will change closer to the big day. I will continue to read the postings and will try to keep positive thoughts. I've already bought a number of things for the hospital stay (warm socks, comfortable pajamas, slide on slippers, word search books, travel size toiletries, etc.). I'm also keeping a journal to record my thoughts and fears and record my recovery.

Thank you for all the information made available and I will continue to check in periodically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 07:23 PM
Date's been set

{{{TCB}}}

Sounds like you have things under control! Don't be surprised if you do find yourself up and down a lot emotionally...that is all part of the waiting game.

We'll be here to get you through to your date...remember you can call on us anytime if you feel like you are losing it or getting worried!

Hang in there and soon you'll be on your way to a healthy new life!

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register