Finally Got Rescheduled Date | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally Got Rescheduled Date Finally Got Rescheduled Date

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:05 PM
Finally Got Rescheduled Date

Hi everyone.... Just wanted you all to know that I got my rescheduled date. I don't know if you remember or not I was scheduled for 3/21 then it got moved to 3/19 and at the very last minute it got canceled because of me being sick. Well, went to the Doctor yesterday and my new date is 4/18. I am very ready. Been really hurting the past couple of days. But my time to be a princess is finally in sight. I am so ready.
Thank you for everything. I have a question. It's regarding military hospitals. I have read a few talking about the military and the "rules." Even though I will be in a military on base (I can see my house from the hospital too) my doctor told me I will be in the hospital for 3 days. That's not counting the day of surgery. So if I have my surgery on a Thursday, 3 days from that is on Sunday. If I feel like I'm ready to go home before then, and everything is fine, why should I have to stay for the extra days. I'm reading a lot about people are in for only 2 days. Any suggestions?
Talk to you soon,

Soon to be a princess but still a Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:15 PM

Tammy,

Glad to hear you got a new date! Not long to wait either. On the issue about castle stay, 2 days is normally for TVH. This doesn't always apply to everyone, as each person is different. Leaving the hospital before doc says would be up to doc, and you. I would discuss it with him. Best Wishes!
Unread 04-11-2002, 07:39 PM

tgalvin,what military base are you on in calif.? I am getting my hyst. done on 4-25-02 , i am also getting my operation done in a military hospital(madigan army medical on ft. lewis wa.)I am not sure if you can leave the hospital after only 2 days, but it is not like you could sue them(you know you can't sue military) if something happened because you left early, i believe that is why most civilian hospitals want you to stay a certain period of time. I was told my stay would be 3 days total i guess i just assumed that mean't including the operation. I suppose now i should ask. Did they give you a report time and then you wait in the waiting room for what seems like forever, and then they called your name and then you go to O.R. reception and wait somemore? I had one date set for my lap. and i waited 6 hours and the doctor came out and told me i would'nt get in that they would have to reschedule, i went home and cried.I got in a week later. I just hope the same doesn't happen with my hyst. operation in 2 weeks. I hope i helped sorry it is so long it's not common to run into someone else here that is military. keep me informed ok. hope all is well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 02:13 PM
Thanks Heather

Hi Heather.... (that's my daughter's name) We are in Lemoore, CA. At a Navy base. I don't know if you have heard of it or not, but it's about 40 miles from Fresno. At first he said 3 days and I said so if I have surgery on Thursday, I will be home Saturday, and he said no, three days after your surgery. So that's Sunday. I know here they take you to your room, and wait until it's your time, then they take you to the OR waiting area, where they give you your IV and other stuff, then off to surgery. After recovery, they take you back to your room. It sounds pretty simple, I hope it goes as simple as it sounds. Only 6 more days to go. I'm ready, then again, I'm not ready. You know what I mean. I've suffered from endo over 15 years. I will not know what to do without pain. Does that make any sense.
I hope everything goes well for you. Let me know how you are doing.
Thanks for the info.... Tammy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register