Freaking out!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Freaking out!!! Freaking out!!!

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:11 PM
Freaking out!!!

Hey everyone,
I am scheduled for a Tah/bso on May 2, and I'm just freaking out. I am so worried about waking up in recovery and the amount of pain I'll be in. I'm also worried about the surgical menopause that I'll be in and due to severe endometriosis, I am not recommended to take hormones for at least 6 to 9 months in case they miss any. This waiting is really getting to me. I find that I'm thinking about this all the time, whenever I do anything, my mind goes right to thoughts about this surgery. I've read every story on this site and find it helpful to know that it doesn't really sound like a lot of you had a hard time recovering from this but I'm still scared. I am only 19 and have already had 5 surgeries in the past 4 years for this disease. Its not like I can wait, I am in so much pain now that I can't even walk. So, I really want this surgery done as soon as possible but this waiting is so horrible. Any suggestions for the waiting? Also, if anyone could tell me some of their stories and tips about the surgery, I'll really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Candida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:26 PM
Freaking out!!!

Hi there! I don't have any stories to tell you, but wanted to give you a Try and hang in there. Your surgery date will be here before you know it, then you will be free of pain. If you want to read some stories, use the drop down menus on the homepage. There is a lot of information around this site.

Best Wishes to you! Sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I hope you have something to take for the pain. I know it's hard to deal with the pain, as I am too. But like I said, that will soon be over with!

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:31 PM
Freaking out!!!

Hi Amy,
Thanks for your post. I do have something to take for the pain, but even 2 demerol every 4 hours just barely takes the edge off the pain. I think this is why I am thinking about the surgery so much. I can't sleep because the pain is so bad so I'm just stuck lying awake at night and letting my mind roam. I guess you've figured what it roams to. I see that you're surgery is approaching. I wish you lots of luck on it and a great and speedy recovery. Thanks again.

Candida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 06:32 PM
Freaking out!!!

Hey, CG!

I know exactly how you feel. I've been freaking out all evening. I go to castle Monday, April 15th.

Waiting IS hardest part!

Debbie
Unread 04-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Freaking out!!!

Hi Debbie,
Good luck to you on your surgery. It won't be too long now, but I bet it feels like a life time. I hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Candida
Unread 04-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Freaking out!!!

Hey There cg_bubbles,
I am so terribly sorry to hear about the pain that you are having to endure!
If it makes you feel any better you and I have the same date for the castle!!
I know the waiting has made me a "Mad Woman"
Feel free to e-mail me if you would like to talk some more, I'll be happy to help where I can!!
jsbarandgrill@hotmail.com
jdd
Unread 04-11-2002, 03:18 PM
Freaking out!!!

Hello JDD,
It helps to know that I won't be alone having surgery. I hope everything goes well with you and you have a speedy recovery. Are you having a tah/bso? At least I'll have someone to wait with. This waiting is driving me nuts, especailly now with all the pain I'm in. I know that when I wake up May 2, the endo will be gone and so will this pain. Its hard to keep calm knowing that the pain will go away but all you have to do is wait. I hate waiting so much. I'm the type that freaks out while waiting in line at a store, so this is really getting to me. Thanks for you post and I will talk to you later.

Candida
Unread 04-11-2002, 04:03 PM
Freaking out!!!

Yes we are having the same surgery TAH/BSO
I look forward to hearing from you!
jdd
Unread 04-15-2002, 02:06 PM
Freaking out!!!

Just bumping it back up to the top.
Unread 04-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Welcome Candida

I am truly sorry you are going through so much pain. You have been through such an ordeal. Way too much for someone 19.
I am glad you have found HysterSisters. We are here to provide you any information and support we can. And of course lot's of
We are all different in our hospital and recovery experiences. Please don't assume you will have pain or menopause symptoms in the hospital. I had neither one. No one knows for sure what the experience will be. Please discuss these concerns with your doctor thoroughly. The more information you have the more peace of mind you can go into the hospital with. And of course keep reading here.
Following is the link to the No Hormone Desert Oasis. Here you will find information on how to get through those months before you can start HRT.
http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...=34&daysprune=
Keep reading and posting. And hop into the chat. Lot's of great gals and support there too!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register