Change of symptoms | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Change of symptoms Change of symptoms

Unread 04-11-2002, 05:04 AM
Change of symptoms

My tah/bso is on April 23. For YEARS I've been in pain and have had heavy bleeding... this past cycle and the two weeks leading into the next one (which will be during my surgery) has been a breeze.... I just don't get it... If I could be assured that the pain and bleeding problems were gone... I'd cancle in a new york minute... but I know better deep down inside... I just wish with all my nerves and anxiety now that my body would remind me of the misery I've been in. has anyone ever experienced this happening... I'm lost to as why there is now no pain at all and last months bleeding wasn't too bad....
thanks for any insight...
kara
dx'd with adeno and fibroids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 05:14 AM
Change of symptoms

I dunno...maybe your body's relieved that you're going to get it fixed and it has decided yelling at you isn't necessary anymore? You may want to give your dr a call and see what s/he has to say about it and if this is probably temporary relief or if the body's healing itself. Anyway, I'm glad you aren't hurting right now.
Unread 04-11-2002, 05:24 AM
Change of symptoms

I also have (had - yippee!) adeno and fibroids and sometimes, for a month or two, my periods weren't as bad as usual, but then the next one would be worse than usual. I can't explain why. I can just tell you that I went like that for years. Mostly my periods were horrible, but once in a while I got a break. I did a lot of second guessing myself before my hyst, and it helped that I had the period from h*ll right before to remind me of why I was doing it. If you're not sure, discuss it with your doctor. I know it's hard to be sure you're doing the right thing..........this is a big deal!!! So talk to your doctor and maybe you'll get a good explanation...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 06:10 AM
Change of symptoms

I had the same thing. One period lasted 12 days and was so heavy on the 3rd and last days, I felt like I should just stay in the bathroom all day. Next period was 6 days, none of them heavy. I even skipped a period and was hoping I'd gone menopausal. The next one made up for it. I figured I might get away with a light period now and then, but it was so unpredictable, half my wardrobe was black pants.
Unread 04-11-2002, 06:23 AM
Change of symptoms

My last period right before my surgery wasn't bad either. But, then again, sometimes I would have a "good" period. If you aren't really sure you want this surgery, then talk to your doctor about this. Otherwise, don't be fooled into thinking this will just go away by itself. That's not likely and you will have to wait yet again for a surgery date.
Unread 04-11-2002, 06:27 AM
Change of symptoms

While surfing the net on all of this, I did come across on one of the sites, that this can happen with Adenomyosis. And I have had it happen. Last month was total hell with my period, this month I had one day of bad pain and bleeding then hardly anything after that. But like I said the month before I went through five days of hell and alot of bleeding, period lasted a total of 10 days.

But I still have it and the doc said it isn't going to get better! And believe it or not I am getting excited for surgery.

Archide
Unread 04-11-2002, 07:27 AM
Change of symptoms

The only thing that I am thinking is that I've been on so many antibotics this past month.. first I was on a five day z pack, then had to go on cipro which is very strong. I know that I am trying to believe the unbelieveable because I know in the past I been lucky and not had too much pain and not had too much bleeding... there would be gushing for a day or two then nothing... I know that it is best to have this done I guess its just fear rearing its ugly head. I am thankful the ear infection is gone and I've been able to workout this week.
I just have to remind myself of the days I came home from work crying, the times at work when I thought I'd pass out from the pain and cramps and all the time spent changing pads . I remember how embarressing it was for everyone to know where I was and why.....one woman even asked me what the problem was and told me to try doubling up on tampons... I was so clotty, I couldn't use them....ugh...
okay..thanks so much....
kara
Unread 04-11-2002, 07:57 AM
Karah

Oh my gosh< we have the same date for our surgerys, and you posted exactly what I have been thinking! great Minds! I swear my uterus heard it is going bye-bye, cause I have not had one bleed this month yet, when the last 6 months it has been every other week! Crazy! I still am looking forwards to the 23rd, I just know it is the best thing, I will be thinking of every one here that shares our day! Keep care, Linda

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register