how long does one usually hurt after a lap? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how long does one usually hurt after a lap? how long does one usually hurt after a lap?

Unread 04-11-2002, 11:43 AM
how long does one usually hurt after a lap?

I had a diagnostic lap done a week ago to the day, and the sore feeling is gone but i have a whole new pain in my ovary area. The doctor wanted to get the lap. done to diagnose how bad the possible endo. was and try and rid me of some of the scarring. When i woke up she said there was to much going on to fix with just a lap. and that i had severe endo.,adenomyosis,pressure on my bladder from all the scarring binding everything up against my bladder. and more much more to name. so she said an hysterectomy is the best way to go. So i said fine lets do it. I am scheduled for the surgery 4-25-02 and i am glad. But i have to say i am scared to see how that pain will be because i seem to still be hurting pretty bad from just the lap. any ideas? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 07:21 AM
I had a lap too

Hello Heather!

I had a lap on March 7th and at times still feel uncomfortable, also my belly still swells sometimes.

Had my first period since the lap last week and was uncomfortable - had to ask for a prescription ibuprofin to help. Two of my incisions are still very sensitive. I get occassional pains - nothing unbearable. I'm surprised at how long it takes to heal. Hang in there, we have to believe it will get better!
Unread 04-12-2002, 10:13 AM

Hi,
Everyone is different Pain wise - depends on surgery and how much moving around in there they do.
I had a LAVH and was taking 1/2 my prescribed pain med by 24 hours post- op and by 48 hours taking nothing but an occasional Tylenol. But my Endo was only around my uterus. I was sore and tired more than I was in pain. My rectoceole repair bothered me more than anything.
Most doctors are good with pain management so he`ll give you what you need to be comfortable.
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 04:35 PM

I had a D&C and diagnostic Laparoscopy Thursday, April 11. I took pain meds the first day, second day cut them in half and didn't need them anymore after day 3. I had more soreness and a bloated feeling more than pain. Still have that feeling today, but seems each day is better. Incisions doing well, too. Everyone is so different and it probably has a lot to do with the amount or degree of movement they do while in there.

Best wishes and hope you feel better soon,
Unread 04-14-2002, 04:54 PM
Had my DandC and Lap on the 28th of March

And once in awhile I get a twinge in the ovary or uterus area that reminds me of it. The pain for me was very mild. The doc did basically what yours did, went in to fix and drain things...and said way too much going on. Endo on the uterus was severe as were the veins inside it that were hemorraghing with my periods...lovely. So out it all shall come. I am ok with it today, but ask me tomorrow and you will get a different answer... My lap incisions have healed and i was only on the pain meds for a day and half. But I have to tell the pain from my period which I was having before the surgery....was way way worse than the lap pain. I even joked I could just have a d and c every month, way less painful. Oh and by the way.... i used the pain meds mostly cuz the anesthia (sp?) doc scrapped my throat and it was a mess....oh my!!! Hope that doesnt happen next week.

Cindy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register