Here's a juicey ? ...... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Here's a juicey ? ...... Here's a juicey ? ......

Unread 04-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Here's a juicey ? ......

I need some help what kind of juices will I need to drink @ home. I can't drink prune juice just the thought of it makes me sick . I am hoping orange,cranberry and I am not sure what other kinds would be good. I know sodas are a big . What about iced tea?? Any suggestions would be great!!!! Thanks.
to everyone!!!
Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Juicy Question

Hi Tina!

I am like you; I cannot bring myself to drink prune juice!

I drank mostly water, but I think any juice you like will do; I can't think of any to avoid - I think tea would be good; I make iced tea from the herbal teabags to avoid the caffiene, and there are so many yummy herbal tea flavors to choose from.

The :key: is to drink plenty of water and juices to keep yourself hydrated and aid in digestion and bowel movement.

Best wishes, and *juicy* hugs,
Unread 04-11-2002, 04:49 PM
Juices!

My favorite princess drink is water, but it always has been for me. The juices I got are Grape, Apple, and Cran-Grape. They give your taste buds some flavor plus help lots with the BM's!! I don't think I could drink prune juice if my life depended on it...well, maybe only then. Like Toonces said, get the juices that you love and stick with them and water. I am a big orange juice fan, but I didn't drink it because at times, I have had heart burn and it's usually from the orange juice - too acidic for me I guess. But whatever you get, get lots and lots.

If any of the containers are too big for you to lift (remember no heavy lifting and some containers are huge!), pour some in a small sealable pitcher so that you can get it yourself if you happen to be alone and thirsty.

Best of luck to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 05:00 PM
Here's a juicey ? ......

Oh, I almost forgot!

I stocked up on Gatorade, and also popsicles and italian ice.... because that is what I like when I'm not feelin' too shiny anyway.

Unread 04-12-2002, 07:02 AM
Prune Juice

Hi Tina!

Were you thinking of prune juice in case you encountered "bathroom problems"?

I have not had my hyst yet, however, I had severe bathroom problems from my lapo procedure. I called the nurse at my doctor's office and she said for me to get my favorite juice (my DH got me hooked on this peach juice) and add a tablespoon or 1 1/2 tablespoons of mineral oil - maybe it's castor oil...can't remember as I'm at work and the bottle is at home but it says on the bottle for constipation - add it to the juice and drink. It was fine, not disgusting at all.
Unread 04-12-2002, 08:27 AM
Here's a juicey ? ......

I agree with toonces, gatorade is excellant for hydration, and lemon ice, that is just plain good!

But water is probably the main one, I drink alot of Cranberry juice it aid in the kidneys and urinary track to keep them clean and at proper ph levels.

archide :drink;
Unread 04-12-2002, 08:40 AM
Juices

I know this may sound odd, but my pedi. for the kids said that to help prevent constipation, apple juice and white grape juice are the best. Welch's has a white grape peach that my whole family adores, and I will be stocking up on that one when it gets closer to time for me. Also I believe that Ocean Spray has a white cranberry and peach that is very good too.

Just a few suggestions. I've also heard that sweet weak tea is supposed to be good too!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register