helloooooooch i'm new--janice | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

helloooooooch  i'm new--janice helloooooooch i'm new--janice

Unread 04-11-2002, 06:09 PM
helloooooooch i'm new--janice

i have come to the room for the last couple of days to read. i think i am a princess. pre-op. surgery not scheduled until urologist does his thing to find out how to reattach my bladder--which i can see pooching out my vagina.i am precancerous-uterus and cervix. i started light bleeding oct30th 2001--still am. i think i also have a rectocele. my uterus is folded over and curled. due to my adhesions (from a ruptured apendix-peritinitis) removal and repair work will be done abdominally. i am planning a mid july trip to the castle. my children are grown. my husband is retired--we are 50 yrs young. i am totally at peace with my future. i can't help but think and feel deeply worried for the women here that are questioninng what they are doing--i have always believed to go with my instinc----if it feels wrong--something is telling you beware ! if you do not trust your doctor--find one you do. ladies please listen to yourself--it is your life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 07:15 PM
Hello Janice

Welcome to HysterSisters. I am glad you found us and have decided to join the group.
Well officially you are a Lady In Waiting (liw)
After you get back from the Castle you are an official and we polish your crown while you are away!
I too am 50. I am almost 7 weeks post op and I feel terrific. My anemia is gone, I have given away my pads, no more flooding and ruined clothes. Today it really hit me how I can now go through life and vacations and fun times without having to calculate when my period will be and what I can or cannot do.
I am glad you are at a time in your life and of such a mind set that you too can look forward to being on the otherside.
There are wonderful pull down menu's on the home page with lot's of valuable information to assist you both pre and post op. And the Hormone Jungle is great if you decide to use HRT. Here is the link:
http://www.hormonejungle.com/
It sounds like you have quite a bit of work to be done. I did too.
I counted a dozen different things wrong in my surgery report and actually have 2 surgeries at the same time. But the good news is we just go to sleep and wake up and it is over. And we have begun our recovery and are on our way to a new life.
Unread 04-11-2002, 07:30 PM
Welcome Janice!!

Since you've been reading here you know what a great site it is!! It sounds like you are doing very well in spite of all the problems you have and the repair work necessary. Please continue to post and keep us updated........

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register