Going in on May 9 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going in on May 9 Going in on May 9

Unread 04-11-2002, 07:54 PM
Going in on May 9

Hi I'm new at this!I'm 40 yr.oldand am going to have my ovaries and uterus removed.I've already lost my r tube do to endo.The dr. is going to try to do this through my navel.Has any one else had this done?My mom had hers done through an incision and when she came home she was in agony!Both physical and emotional.Give some answers!!Thanks I've got cyst on both ovaries and polyps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 08:17 PM
Going in on May 9

I am 3 and a half weeks post op. I was really anxious, too. I had uterus and ovaries removed thru incision and everyone was really suprised at how well I did. I was on a morephine pump for two and a half days and since I was able to administer the dosage when I felt discomfort, I never really suffered any agony.
The pain was only a bit more severe than my worst menstral pain.
The "gas" is the worst part. I found that the more I got up and moved about, the better off I was. The nurses told me it will be the only time in your life when you want to "pass gas" in public!
I hope you do well, too! Good luck!
Unread 04-11-2002, 09:51 PM
Going in on May 9

I had my surgery as a LAVH. I had the uterus and cervix removed--kept both ovaires. I had four VERY small incision sites. One in the navel, one way down below my pubic hair, and one each side where the ovaries are. They are actually more like small punctures than incisions. Then everything was pulled out vaginally. My recovery has been quite quick and the pain was mild. I think the smaller the incisions and the less invasive the surgery is determines how the healing goes.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register