3 Days to go | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-12-2002, 01:11 AM
3 Days to go

Well it is only 3 days now, the operation is on Monday and to be honest I am getting more and more nervous and scared.
I feel like just curling up into a ball and crying all the time, I just feel useless and unwomanly!?
Don't know if anyone understands what I am on about but its hell.

Anyone got any ideas to cheer me up?

& is there any at the end of the tunnell?

From

Geraldine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 04:27 AM
Positive thoughts

Geraldine

I can remember so well the emotions going into over drive pre op. Just wanted to give you a big ((((((hug)))))) and to let you know, that yes indeed, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Just keep thinking positive thoughts and what you are gaining by having this surgery - upwards and onwards. And, put all that princess-in-training into practice.

All the very best wishes for an uneventful surgery and a smooth recovery.

Gail
Unread 04-12-2002, 05:38 AM
3 Days to go

Surgery always seems so scary. Although this is major surgery, it is a very safe one. I remember being scared and wanting to cry a lot right before my surgery also. Now that I'm 6 months post-op, I feel sooo great and would do it again in a heartbeat! Just think, 6 months from now you will be thanking your lucky stars that you have it behind you and that you are feeling so good.

We'll be thinking of you on Monday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 06:42 AM
3 Days to go

Hi Geraldine,

I am 3 days away too. I started off this week horrible, but have gained inner strength through lots and lots of prayer. I finally realized this is what I wanted to do, not something I am doing for someone else. I will feel better afterwards.

I started looking at all the positive things that will come out of this...I can jump on the trampoline with my children, I don't have to buy girl stuff anymore!, I can wear white pants without any worries, I can lay on my stomach, I can have great sex! The list can go on and on. Start your own and think positive, positive thoughts.

I thinking about you,
Paula
Unread 04-12-2002, 06:54 AM
3 Days to go

(((HUGS))) My surgery is the day after yours...I am very nervous too!! Trying to keep busy, but can't stop thinking about it! I even volunteered to work Monday, because I knew If I was home I would stress myself right out! Pamper yourself this weekend...do something you enjoy and keep a positive outlook!! I don't know what your weather is like there, but we are finally having spring...which always makes me happy and relaxed...6 months of snow and cold really can make a person depressed, so the past two days of almost 70 degrees has done wonders for my mental state (someone is looking over me)!!We will be thinking of you come Monday!!
Unread 04-13-2002, 02:30 AM
this is the castle's fault!

I am so mad because what has happened is that I went into the castle last december, to be sterilized and to have my right ovary and tube removed due to endo.
I got a nasty infection while I was there and was left to go home bleeding very badly and was left like it for 10 weeks, eventually after a lot of phone calls and complaining the castle said they would see me again, when they did they rushed me back in and fed me antiobiotics through drips for 3 days.
The following week, they looked at the results etc. and said they were sorry they had made a few mistakes and now the only way to stop the haemoriging and pain was for a Hyst. a second opinion has confirmed this and I am very fed up that I have to have a TAH and have the other ovary and tube removed. and to add insult to injury they are going to put a HRT implant in during the operation and said I will have to have these for the next 15 years.
I had to go to work and am the only girl in a team of 8 men, we are computer engineers, and had to suffer the embarassment of bleeding through my clothes and having to rush home all the time to change as there were trails of my blood everywhere. What a nightmare. The men even had to wash my chair one day!!!

I even insulted by boyfriend last night by saying from now on I will be celibate!!! I lloovvee the romantic side shall we say.
I am going nuts and am scared of another mess going to happen.
So here is me
:smoking, arguingwith everyone, and very, very confused. I just want to away from all this and come back in the year 2098..
hugs to you all.
Going into the castle tomorrow at 2.30 the operation is Monday at 7am.
Thanks everyone, I will be here before i go in and pray for you all.
to you all.
I feel so totally lost and alone today, I have tried to talk to my boyfriend and it is hard as he lost his wife of 25 years to breast cancer 4 years ago..(before I knew him.)
I need a big bloody hug and here I go again, I am crying as I type this, got to go and get more tissues....
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to you all and thanks for being my friend.
Unread 04-13-2002, 03:40 AM
3 Days to go

Hi, Geraldine,

I am having my TAH BSO also on Monday. Wish it were THIS morning. Dreamed last night that I got mad at my DS and told him they would all be better off if I died during the operation. They could use the insurance money to pay off our many bills & put the kids through college. Trying not to cry this AM. Have to take my elderly mom to grocery store & don't want her to see I've been crying.

Debbie
Unread 04-13-2002, 06:18 AM
3 Days to go

Geraldine

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I am sending hugs.
Good luck. I hope everything goes well. Please let us know when you are home and how you are doing.

Caren
Unread 04-13-2002, 06:36 AM
Geraldine

What a lovely name, its my Grandmothers name too!!! Smile sweetie I think for you this is going to be a great surgery. No more worries about the bleeding. YOu have been through too much and God Will surely bless you and give you peace from this mess afterwards.

Smiles and Hugs.....

Cindy
Unread 04-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Thanks

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. My case is staring at me and its half packed, only 6 hours to go before I leave here for the castle.
At least while I am away I cannot keep picking fights with everyone around me! ..lol
The only thing keeping me going this morning is being able to wear light coloured clothes again...mmmmmmmmm (feel sad)
Debbie...for you, a big (((((((hug)))))))
The only people that really understand how I am feeling is my sisters in here, again thanks.
I will log back in before i leave and as soona s I get home, take care everyone.
to you all

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register