Hey 4/23 liw - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-13-2002, 03:59 PM
Hey 4/23 liw

Hi, the 23rd is getting here soon. I haven't done alot yet, my pre-op is the 18th, I have a list of questions sitting right here by the puter to take with me. I had come down with the flu and of course started bleeding again today! But I know it will all be over soon! Yippee! Can't wait until we can talk about our recoveries! Keep care my 4/23 sisters!!! Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 08:46 PM
4/23 Hurray

Hi 4/23 sisters!

Wow! You have all done so much. I haven't started. I just found out about the cancer on Monday (the 8th), have my pre-op on Monday the 15th, LEEP on Monday 22nd and hyst on the 23rd, 3:00 pm. It's too fast!

You all have so many excellent recommendations of things to do before going in to the castle. I can't possibly do it all. Oh, and I am two months from completing my BS in computer programming! And, I have to be up and ready to walk across the stage on May 5th. I will be there come heck or high water. This is NOT going to be fun trying to get everything done and recover as well. It will be nice to have you all as a support!

Good luck to you all! I know we will all make splendid editions to the Punctured Princess club.

LIW (and not very patient!) Linda
Unread 04-13-2002, 09:35 PM
4/23/02 liw:

Hello ladies,

I'm wishing you all a very speedy recovery from your surgeries; as you are having them on my birthday !!! I know you will do fine; as we all know, waiting is the hardest part of this!!!

Blessings to one and all !!!

Jubilee -- TAH/BSO 8/21/01 for cervical carsinoma insitu, huge fibroids, and endo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 06:09 AM
welcome to our little but growing club

regency-reader....we are a impatient group and growing more so by the minute.

9 days to go til my 11am surgery. I am happy one minute, insane the next. Oh well I guess this too shall pass.

I hope the surgery gives you a positive end to the C....and pray all of us have good diagnosis' with our surgeries.

God Bless all of you

Cindy
Unread 04-14-2002, 01:37 PM
I'm a 4/23 too

I am glad to know there are others going thru this on the same day. I have a friend that is having it done on the 24. We wish we were having it the same day but we have different Drs.My
pre-op is the 19th and I'm starting to have lots of questions. I also have bought the new gown, robe and panties. I'm trying to stock up on the food and make sure the laundry is caught up. I feel vary lucky, I will have lots of help and support when I get home. It will be interesting to see how things get done around here without "Mom" doing it. Now I know why I've taught my 2 teens to cook and do laundry.
I pray that everything goes well for everyone and you have a speedy recovery.
Unread 04-14-2002, 02:21 PM
Rug may be pulled out from under me for the 23rd..

since we all have the same date, I was wondering if any of you were told not to take ibuprofen (advil) a certain number of days before your surgery... don't know if you've read my panic post about OTC meds... I took advil on the 13th... surgery is the 23rd... I feel like crying... and I can't even call the surgeon tomorrow cuz in massachusetts is a state holiday... so he is probably not in the office... I am angry cuz my primary did my pre op physical and never said anything about not taking herbs, meds, etc.... and mad at myself for not thinking about it.... I can't take the waiting any longer....
also I had to have a chest xray at the primary's office... if my surgery is put off I don't want to expose my breasts to more radiation...
I am sorry to go on and on.. but I just can't have the rug pulled out from under me now....
kara
Unread 04-14-2002, 05:00 PM
Hi...Reema....fellow Ohioan

Where in Ohio are you????

Karah sent you an email about the OTC med....try not to worry I think your doc would have been more persistant about telling you not to take them if he thought it important. Try to relax. I was told Tylenol PM was ok....and have been sticking to tylenol products. I almost took a percocet the other day for back pain and read on a post here that its a no no before surgery. So I didnt....but I wouldnt have worried anyway we still have more than a week before surgery.

God Bless
Cindy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register