oh, and one more thing...................... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

oh, and one more thing...................... oh, and one more thing......................

Unread 04-12-2002, 07:23 AM
oh, and one more thing......................

a friend warned me about this. I'm sure this problem will come up for some people. my girlfriend has a really big dog. I have 2 medium dogs. I suppose they would equal 1 &1/2 big dogs. Anywho, she recently had some abdominal surgery and like most doggies, hers wanted to be a "nurse" Well, that was all fine and good until the phone would ring or the door bell would buzz or god only knows the reasons why dogs feel the need sometimes just to jump down from the bed and run around. The dog accidentally jumped on her tummy not once but twice!!!! uch:
DON'T LET THE DOGGIES IN BED WITH YOU IF THERE IS THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE THIS MAY HAPPEN.

ok, that is all for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 09:01 AM
doggies & kitties

I, too was worried about my dainty 90 lb. lab doing her usual "lap dance" on me. About 2 weeks before the surgery I started telling her "no" when she wanted to lay on me. It must have worked because I never had a problem with her when I came home - she laid on the floor next to the couch (where I camped out most of the time). HOWEVER - my cat was another story - she loves to just take a stroll across my face, body, etc. any time the mood strikes her. I made sure that I had a small pillow on my belly at all times. Belive me, I saved myself some serious pain, cause she would jump on me out of the blue. I also bought a cheap-o lap tray at CVS and had this over me for "protection" from the critters, but I used the small pillow more.
Unread 04-12-2002, 03:00 PM
Speaking of dogs

Hey Jul, Good questions I also have 2- 4 legged kids(No children)
one is a pitt bull about 80 LBS and a rottie about 90 LBS and they both are big Mommie babies love to lay on my lap and the worst part is they do sleep with me in bed. I think DH will be sleeping in other bedroom after my surgery I hope my 2 puppies will join him, But I doubt it they are pretty attached to me . But I think after my surgery they will sense I am not feeling good and stay away. When I had my lap/hysterscopy they were fine. I hope all works out well for you. I love my 's they are my buddies!!! I wouldn't trade them for a million bucks. They are my dh and my kids since I can't have children. So it is the next best thing.

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 05:27 PM

Boy can I relate to this one! I have two 's. My Cassie is a Portuguese Water Dog and weighs about 65 pounds. She will get into bed for awhile but doesn't stay long. Maggie my 6 month old is a Lowchen and weighs about 12 pounds, but feels perfectly free to just walk all over me. That could be a problem.

I also have no 2 legged kids. Just the 4 legged long tail kind! And they are truly spoiled rotten!

I will need to start working on that now. I have 5 wks from Monday to work on it!

Caren
Unread 04-12-2002, 07:02 PM
3 Dogs!

Folks, I have 3 dogs to worry about. A lovely border collie mix who doesn't jump on me, an overgrown, stupid (but lovable) beagle who thinks she's a lap dog, and a Jack Russell Terrorist who pounces in my tummy until I get up each morning.

Will travel everywhere with a protection pillow.

Debbie

Unread 04-12-2002, 07:09 PM

I have two beagles, one of whom always sleeps with me, the other prefers not to be pushed around. When I had my gall bladder surgery a couple of months ago I kept a pillow on my tummy and never had a problem at all. I don't really recall having much of a problem with them either when I had my ovary out a couple of years ago. I'm just hoping that they don't decide to wrestle on the bed with me!
Unread 04-12-2002, 07:54 PM

This site is great!

Last nite I was asking my dh what I was going to do about my cat (hoppy) who jumps on me at nite and sleeps on my stomach.
And lo & behold my answer was posted the next evening - Amazing!

Good Luck to those of you who have dogs. I think I will wait!!!

Laura

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register