Hello | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-12-2002, 02:06 PM
Hello

Hi everyone I hope you all feeling ok today. Today is a good day for me. Not in alot of pain. I found out yesterday that I have to have complete hysterectomy. My Dr. is going to remove everything. I'm kind of scared but feeling relieved to finlly be getting it over with. Dr. said that the endo is on the outside of my ovarys and also have chocolate cysts inside them (what ever that means). Plus my uterus is enlarged to the three month size. At least we know after the next couple of weeks I won't be hurting as bad. In a way I can't wait but then in a way I can I don't want the pain of surgery. But I know that will only last acouple of weeks. Anyway I've got nine days to go. April22 Dr. wants to do this as soon aspossible. So we are. Husband is upset that we could wait until the kids are out of school but Dr. didn't want to wait. So we will try to work around our kids schulde but anyway gotta go for now bye Minnie822
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 02:43 PM
Hello

Good luck, Minnie! We are here for you. I bet you'll be feeling better post-op than you can even imagine right now.

I was scared and relieved too when I made my final decision. It's a weird mix of emotions. Just hang in there, and it will be over before you know it, and you'll be saying, "Gosh, that wasn't nearly as bad as I expected!"

Melissa
Unread 04-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Hello

Hi, Minnie -

Glad you're not in a lot of pain today! You've found the best place for support and info. Your fear is very normal, and so are your mixed feelings - wanting it over with and at the same time, not wanting to do it at ALL!

My best advice is to read lots of info on this web site. Ask questions of folks here and your doc, if you have them.

The waiting is probably gonna be the hardest part, and you don't have too long to wait, so that's great! I honestly had very little pain. Talk to them at the hospital about pain management - mine was WONDERFUL. They taught me not to be a martyr, and to stay ahead of the pain with the meds.

Hang in there!!

(Chocolate cysts, eh? That's a new one to me..it's one way to make something painful sound good :-) )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 03:42 PM
Good Luck

Hi Minnie,
Just wishing you the best for your surgery- I will be there right along with you! I have the same surgey date of 4/22. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.
I am going crazy waiting to hear about what TIME to be there!!!!My whole life depends on a schedule, and I like to be prepared in my mind. Hopefully Monday the 15th I will find out!!!
Well, the Very Best of Wishes to You!
Unread 04-12-2002, 05:30 PM
Hello

Hi Minnie s to you! I'm glad you aren't in tons of pain today. I know how that felt!

I remember the feelings you are going through. I only had 7 days notice. I found this board the day I was told I had to have surgery.

We are here for you. If you have questions about anything, feel free to email me, okay? Anyone can email me anytime. I always answer.

I have just passed the 6 week post-op and I feel fantastic! Well, I would feel better if I didn't have allergies! But physically this is wonderfulllllllll.

Sara
Unread 04-13-2002, 08:06 PM
hello

hi, minnie i'm also schedule to have surgery april 22 and contrary to you i'm in a lot of pain, i'm glad you're not, i have been having a lot of blood work(every two weeks) because i'm very anemic and last time my blood sugar level was too high, but i'm glad doctor gave ok to have surgery on april 22. whew!!! i will kill if they change surgery date again, lol!
so 9 more days to go to castle, whoooooo, hoooooo!!!! keep me informed after surgery.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register