Very anxious | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-12-2002, 03:43 PM
Very anxious

I have one week to the day before my surgery and I can't hardly stand the wait. The time is just drifting by and it seems like no matter what I do, I can't help pass the time by any faster. I don't work, b/c I am a stay at home mom and I have never not liked staying at home. But the last week has been very hard for me to stay in the house with my 2 boys, b/c it seems to make me think about the surgery even more. All day yesterday and most of the day I was in the bed w/ extreme pain. That doesn't help, b/c all you do is lie their and think about your surgery and wonder what is going to happen during and after the surgery. I am so nervous, but then again kind of glad I'm having the surgery. After all I will be getting rid of this horrible pain. If you have any encouragement, please send it my way. I feel as though I am about to crazy. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 03:48 PM
I am soooo much more relieved with nerve pills

I'm on a very low dose....no groggyness.... but it has saved my sanity !!! My surgery is MONDAY!!!!!
I'm a lil stressed just can't wait for it to be over !!!!
You may want to call your Dr.... not sure if you've ever taken a nerve pill but it's very calming and you can think better and not be quite as stressed.....
Hope this helps and if you're a teeeeee totaler as far as meds go......then I'm surely not suggesting that's the only way to go.....it just helped me soooooooo much !
s
Deborah
Unread 04-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Very anxious

Hey, Mis!

It's normal for the last week. My surgery is Monday. This week has been hard. Been up & down. Trying to keep busy.

Good Luck,

Debbie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 07:42 PM
Very anxious

The last few days before surgery are the very hardest time. I agree, if you can, call your doctor and see if you can get a mild sedative like Xanax. It won't alter you or impair your ability to care for your family; it will just take the edge off the anxiety!

Try to keep busy, and do things you enjoy...take a walk with the kids, go shopping, take a bubble bath, watch a funny movie, sit on the floor and hug your kids!

Something kind of silly that helped me alot, was to focus ahead one week...said to myself, "one week from today, I'll be resting on my own couch, watching ______on TV".....or picked out a book to read with my daughter while I rested...stuff like that. It was very simple but it helped me remember that life would be there waiting for me when I got home.

Hang around here with us...we'll help you get through this!!

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register