Results of Laparoscopy | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Results of Laparoscopy Results of Laparoscopy

Unread 04-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Results of Laparoscopy

Well I had my D&C and Laparoscopy yesterday. He had suspected fibroids, but found scar tissue left from some old endometriosis. This had resulted in several things (urethra, ovary,etc all growing together and attaching to the colon. I go back the 23rd for follow-up and he already told me that it will be Hysterectomy. Anyone had anything similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 06:09 PM
Results of Laparoscopy

I too just had a laproscopy and D&C (April 2nd). I've been having very heavy periods and severe pelvic pain on the left side for about 2 years. After the scope my doctor said her found endo that was fusing my left ovary to a ligment. He also found fibroids in my uterus. I am having a TAH on April 30 hoping to save both ovaries (I am 27). The hard part now is counting down to the surgery. Hang in there and good luck!
Unread 04-12-2002, 07:38 PM
Results of Laparoscopy

Hi Jan,
Yes, I had a similar situation. Last June I opted to have a laparopscopic myomectomy to have fibroids removed. My gyn found stage 4 endo during this procedure. My right ovary and ureter were stuck together and attached to the inside of my abdomen. It turns out that my many intestinal problems and "belly" pains were caused by the endo, rather than the fibroids or irritable bowel syndrome, which was the diagnosis I received many years ago.

At four months post op, I'm doing really great.

During my surgery, my gyn had a urologist there who put stents in my ureters so it would be easier to dissect the ureters from the endo, scar tissue and ovary. This worked beautifully and I had no problems with my bladder, ureters, etc. You might want to ask your gyn how he/she plans to protect your ureters during your hyst.

Best of luck!

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 09:29 AM
Lapo

Hi Jan,

Yes, same thing happened to me. I had a lapo, my doctor was optimistic that she could remove the damaged ovary and a fibroid/cyst but when she got in, there was endo, adhered ovary, enlarged uterus and a fibroid larger than my uterus. When she tried to free the ovary, it oozed so she closed me up. I'm having a hyst. next month. I'll be 38 in June, no children, married for 20 years in August. I'm VERY fortunate that we don't want to have children because I can't even begin to imagine that agony. I just don't want surgery!

Take good care of yourself!
Unread 04-13-2002, 11:37 AM
Results of Laparoscopy

taralee, BethAC and Donna 1964,

Thank all of you girls for your replies and encouraging words. When I posted yesterday, I was still under "the influence" of drugs and couldn't think so well. I'm 63 years old and was feeling pretty confident (maybe a little too cocky and confident) that I had gotten by this far without a hysterectomy. Really never had any problems in that area or at least I thought I hadn't. Now I wonder. I have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, have had lot of problems with constipation, etc.

This began with lower back and leg pain in early December. I went to my family physician and after x-rays, MRI's and some physical therapy, he suggested that I might see my Gynocologist. So here we are, I have to be honest and say that it really scares me. I was very apprehensive about the D&C and Lapo, as I had never even had anesthesia, been totally Blessed.

Any way, thanks, and I'll probably be on here a lot, checking things out. In the meantime, I will study up on the terminology and abbreviations used on this site. Seems like it will be a very good place for some reassurance.
Unread 04-13-2002, 11:44 AM
Results of Laparoscopy

Welcome Jan!

This is a WONDERFUL site filled with information. You get to share laughs, pains, fears and everybody reads, listens and responds.

I found that I was on here for several hours at a time when I first found hystersisters. I had so many questions, fears, etc. and after reading a lot, I feel so much better. Read preop and postop and click on the three sisters above.

Welcome!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register