Pre-op | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Pre-op

Hi there ladies, I went for my pre-op today with my husband....that was interesting. I had a list of questions that all got answered, the main one being how long until I can go in the hot tub. Only one week without it yeah. My husband hadn't realised the ins and outs of this surgery and I am so glad he came, he said it was very informative. It was quite funny because my Doc started doing my internal exam while he was sat there, it was so natural. My husband always wondered why women didn't look forward to our yearly visit....until today. Thank goodness she had a small hand. I asked about a bladder tack and she has booked me in for Tues with a urologist, my op is on Friday and I thought I had left it too late to ask. I am thrilled that they are going to do that it, will be one less problem in the future.
So I went shopping for PJ"s and shorts afterwards, i found the cutest pj's in Target with Princess printed on the top part and little glittery crowns and some other things on the bottom, they would have been perfect had they been a size bigger. Also I saw a cute photo frame in an accessory shop in the mall with princess on it and some little wire crowns with jewels. It just made me smile to think I will be a punctured princess next week. Take good care of yourselves ladies. Katygirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 06:00 PM
Pre-op

That's so funny -- your post reminded me of my pre-op. My husband was sitting in a chair by my feet, reading a magazine, when the doc did an internal exam. He pretty much had a total view except that he didn't look. I had to giggle and say, "Too much information?"

I sorta felt bad for him, but at the same time, all he had to do was see it. I'm the one who had the exam. And dozens like 'em before, and probably dozens more in the future.

Good luck with your surgery!

Melissa
Unread 04-12-2002, 08:50 PM
Hi

Wow can't imagine my DH sitting in the room with me having my exam. My DH didn't go with me and I wished he would have because he still don't get what I went through. He wanted me up and doing things in one week because I looked good. Oh well my DH is not a very concerned one. My DS was home to take care of me and he showed me lots of concern so it made up for the lack of my DH's. God Bless.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register