Home from the Castle | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the Castle Home from the Castle

Unread 04-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Home from the Castle

Hi Sisters! Went in on Wed., April 2 and came home on Fri., April 5. Had TVH/A&P Repair and al went well. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had envisioned (but I wouldn't want to do it again!). Got to castle at 10:30, to pre-op about 12:15, cried a little, listened to my headphones and don't remember anything until about 4:00 in my room. Drifted in and out the rest of the night with the help of a few Demerol shots. Switched to Motrin by Wed. afternoon-wanted to clear my head. Ginger ale and graham crackers all that day, liquid diet Thurs. a.m. IV out Wed., catheter out Fri. a.m. Nurses were fantastic and all loved my Hyster Sisters coverup. I told everyone I could about this site. No driving for 2 weeks, no housework for 6 weeks, and my DH and 2 DDs are doing great. Still tired all the time and have foggy brain (more than ususal LOL) but all in all it hasn't been that bad. It's really true that waiting is the worst. Now that I am an official if any of you LIWs would like to chat please let me know. My castle had thin pads, stretchy panties, even a sound machine for my first trip to the potty after catheter was out (I picked the babbling brook sound). I really didn't need much of what I took with me - couldn't focus enough to read, couldn't have cared less about make-up or music. Hope this helps someone. Now I'll be joining the weightloss board but I will NEVER leave this site. It saved my sanity. Love, Pam the Princess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 06:22 PM
welcome home

I'm new to the site, so I'm still getting to no everyone. castle date is 4/19. I'm ready for it to be over. Did they tell you no driving for two weeks and no house work for 6. I'm a LAVH/BSO, due to severe PMDD. The reason I ask is because my DH is out to sea, his mother is coming for three week I have three kids 17,12,11. I'm wondering if I should ask her to stay a little longer. I have the essential already packed. I think I'm cover for any surprises but you never no. I would appreciate your insight.

Thanks, and yes I would love to talk.
Unread 04-12-2002, 06:56 PM
Soda Pop?

Hi Pam...welcome home. My surgery was 2 days after yours.
I was interested that you had soda pop and graham crackers. Did the hospital serve that to you or did you bring your own?
I was really nauseous...I wonder if that would have helped me. They kept giving something in my IV for nausea, but it didn't help. I finally quit hitting the drip button thinking that it was causing the nausea.

Anyway, life is good on the other side, isn't it? Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 07:01 PM
Home from the Castle

Welcome back PRINCESS Pam Isn't it great to have it over with?
Unread 04-14-2002, 06:37 PM
Soda Pop?

Yes, Petelope, I had ginger ale and graham crackers after they knew I could keep water down. Got crowned 4/2, started soda 4/3. Only felt nausous once and threw up a little water but that was it. I never had a gas problem so maybe that's why they let me have it. I started little toots during the first night. Wasn't I lucky LOL? I started their liquid diet 4/3 and food 4/4. I've really had a pretty easy time of it compared to some of our poor sisters. I do highly recommend stool softeners which I am still taking one in a.m. and one in p.m. Write any time!
Unread 04-14-2002, 06:58 PM
Home from the Castle

Welcome Home Pam

I am so glad to hear that you are home, and doing well.
Now it is time to put your Princess training into use.
Enjoy being pampered.
Take Care

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register