oh boy!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-12-2002, 07:45 PM
oh boy!!!

Alright, I was in a great mood all day and now I really do have a problem. My 12 year old daughter has the double ender. what, you ask, is the double ender??????? the double ender is the bug that makes you have diarreah, and vomiting.....hence the name. My surgery is on Tuesday and what if I get it. I can't go through this waiting business all over again. I feel like a terrible mommy because I won't let her snuggle in my bed with me or even use my bathroom. I have washed my hands 50 times and I haven't even hugged her...........oh I feel horrible about this. Poor little allie is feeling horrible and I am not even letting her near me. Hubby is tending to her needs and explaining.....but I still fell so mean.
Please tell me if anyone has gone through this and What god forbid if i go and have the surgery and the bug shows up the next day.........oooooowwwwwwwwwwww

Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 08:30 PM
OH Honey!!

It has to be done this way Juli! You have to take your "you" time....tell her you will spend special time with her after your castle visit......
You'll be a better Mommy once this is over.
Sending you and your family huge s
Don't fell bad, you are not being mean...your'e just being a Mommy!!

jdd
Unread 04-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Oh I am so sorry

For her and you....I know it must be so hard to watch and not help......but remember your mental well being as well as physcial is riding on not catching this. She will understand and is probably enjoying the attention Dad is giving her. I will say a prayer you do not catch it and that she gets over it soon....poor little thing.

Hugs
cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Hi Juli

No sweety you are not being a bad mommy, you want to be well for your surgery and this is the only way to do it. If you get the bug after the hyst the DRs will know what to do. Usually you will get it about 24 hours after helping the kiddies so maybe it won't catch you. God Bless and my are going up for you and your family to be well and healthy for your castle day.
Unread 04-13-2002, 05:47 AM
oh boy!!!

hey julie,

i know how you feel. my dd didn't get the double ender but just a bad cold about three weeks ago. she knew i didn't want to catch a cold because my castle trip was scheduled for two weeks later. she actually asked her father to take her to the store and get her "my special medicine that mom won't go get for me". i had asked her before i left for work that day if she wanted anything and i would get it for her. when dh told me about that, i just about lost it with her but then remembered when she was a toddler (she's 15 now) i worked evenings. that meant dad took care of her at night when she wasn't feeling good and he always did special little things for her. she was just reaching out to him as she knew that i had enough to deal with. just think of this time as a special bonding time between your dd and dh and she will find out that dad can take just as good care of her as mom even if it is a different kind of care.

good luck to you and take great care of yourself.

judy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register