happy thoughts | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

happy thoughts happy thoughts

Unread 04-12-2002, 09:46 PM
happy thoughts

I am so glad I found this site. all of my question are answered and some I didn't asked. I go to the castle on 4/19, I feel alot better about going now. But i do wish time would go fast, I've clean the house, brought grocery, packed a bag (thanks to all of you I nknew what to pack). So now the wait is on.

PS. I enjoy reading the threads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 10:14 PM
happy thoughts

Hi Dorla

Just like you I found this site to be sooo helpful...even answered the questions I did not think of! I still have a while to wait...May 27...wish it were sooner. My poor DR is going to have a whole list of questions and requests from me! Though he is used to me challenging his knowledge and telling him what I think! Haven't packed my bag yet...house is spring cleaned and freezer is full...will have to go out and buy some new nighties.slippers and stuff to lounge around in, since we will probably have "swelly belly" for a while...
Take care and Good Luck!
Unread 04-13-2002, 12:17 AM
Dorla

Welcome to the pre op boards hun. I am glad that you have made the decision to have this surgery without the medical proffession etc pushing you etc. You will now have piece of mind and all will go well. The time left before entering the hospitol, try to stay calm, do something really nice just for you, something you wont be able to do for awhile. I wish you the best of luck for your Hyst. Keep us posted on how things are going. Hugs Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 04:27 AM
happy thoughts

Hi Dora, I am like you my surgery is 4/25. I also am all ready from food cooked, house cleaned,I went last night and got these biggy strech pants just in case I am feeling okay after a week or 2 to go out to eat . I did get new jammies too but am sure I will want to wear something other then them once I start to fell a little better. But now I am at the point where I have time to sit and think about all the what if's ??? With my surgery, so i try to focus on other things but it is soooo hard to do.
I hope your surgery goes well.You go in a couple days before me let me know as soon as you feel up to it how you are doing.
Take care and lots of s.

Tina
Unread 04-13-2002, 04:30 AM
happy thoughts

I missed the "L" in your name ... Sorry its early and I am in a brain

Tina
Unread 04-13-2002, 05:04 AM
happy thoughts

Welcome Dorla,

This site is a wonderful find for many of us. It has given me, and I know lot of the other ladies, lots of querstions to ask our Drs. Things that I would not have otherwise thought to ask and am glad I did.

Like Kathy1, I have lots of time to wait. My surgery is May 20th. I have shopped for a new night shirt, robe and slippers. I have found some of those wonderful sleeveless cotton dresses to wear around the house and they come with shirts to go over them if I feel like going out.

I will have my mother to cook for me after (single, no DH or kids). The dogs will need to be bathed and groomed. House cleaned. Shop for what I will want to eat after. But, I figure I will need a distraction for the couple of weeks just before. That should do it.

Caren

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register