I think I am addicted... Read on and let me know if anyone else is... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I am addicted... Read on and let me know if anyone else is... I think I am addicted... Read on and let me know if anyone else is...

Unread 04-13-2002, 05:24 AM
I think I am addicted... Read on and let me know if anyone else is...

Hi sisters, I thought I would share a thought about my addiction,which my DH and I have come to realize.. And I am wondering if anyone else is doing the same thing I am..... ADDICTED TO HYSTERSISTERS WEB SITE!!! AND LOVE IT???

I can't go to bed before I read ALL the posts in pre-op and post op. Which is fine and then in the morning before I go to work I also read all the posts in both forums. I haven't yet ventured into the hyster Jungle but after surgery I will need to add that to my addiction, cuz I am having a TAH/BSO and am only 39 . So there will be alot I will need to learn at the jungle.

My Dh thinks this site is great he thinks it has helped me alot, since we don't know anyone that personally went thru what I am going thru.

If anyone else is doing the same please let me know, so I know that I am going thru this ADDICTION alone.

s to everyone Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 05:38 AM
Addicted too...

I know what you mean....check the posts before bed, when I get up...and this is the worse...I woke up at 3 am this morning and couldnt go back to sleep, so what did I do?? You guessed it, came to hystersisters!! I was worried about my nicotine withdrawl in the hospital, I think the sisters withdrawl will be worse LOL!! Just proves what a wonderful support system we have here!!
Unread 04-13-2002, 05:39 AM

Tina,

I too am addicted, although now that I am back to work I don't have time to read every post. I believe I am going through withdrawel symtoms. I am so glad you found this site, I know how much it helped me and still does. I was 39 too when I had my surgery, now I am the big 40 . Keep on reading and best wishes to you. Please come visit us in the chat room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 05:40 AM

Hey Tina

ME TOO! I AM HOOKED! SOOO glad I found this site...if I had not I would have gone into this surgery knowing diddley squat! I have learned sooo much! I am here AT LEAST 2X per day!
I am still a and have a while to go before surgery...May 27...but I feel so good going into it that I wish I could have it tomorrow! Plus the chance to "meet" all you girls and read about you is a BONUS!
to all of you
Unread 04-13-2002, 05:51 AM

Yup, Tina,

It's 5:41 a.m. on a Saturday when I could sleep in and I'm here -
need I say more!?!

I'm pre-op (not even a date yet for TAH) so this could be a long-term thing.

Except for itchy eyes, I know of no side effects though.

Well, maybe a sore belly from laughing too much or a swollen heart from witnessing so much caring and support.

I just hope that I stay addicted long enough to offer some of that caring to future hystersisters once I'm on the other side.

cecee
Unread 04-13-2002, 06:05 AM
Obsessed in Ohio too!!!

So we are all nuts But its a good kinda nuts

I check in daily to keep myself sane. I have learned so much here. I have several friends who have had hysters and they have all told me it was well worth it. And one even said Congratulations!! Now I think that is a bit extreme, but I am sure once this is over and anxiety leaves I will feel better about it. At least here you dont get the ney sayers.....oh I had a friend who couldnt get her hormones right and cried all the time, and she had a friend who got depressed and she had a friend who ended up with a full beard....on on and on.....give me a break!!!If you havent been there dont give advice!!!! Two of my buddies are on hormones and said they have no problems with them at all. I am hoping to avoid that but will deal with it if I have too!!

Well I am off to read some more

hugs
Cindy
10 days to go
Unread 04-13-2002, 06:07 AM
same here

I check in the morning, afternoon, and evening.
Read page after page after page!!!
This is the best web site I have ever found and I will pass it on.I even told the nurses at my DOc's office and they thought it sounded wonderful
Unread 04-13-2002, 06:51 AM
They say.....

You can never get too much of a good thing! Well they must have been talking about Hyster Sisters!
I find myself here countless times throughout the day, afternoon and evening! Can't seem to get enough!
I read everything and anything on here and like one of the other Sisters mentioned without this site I would have gone into this surgery without so much vital information that I would be scared beyond belief!
I have never been anywhere that as much support and caring has occured between people that have never met face to face!
Kudos to Hyster Sisters and all who participate here!
Sending much love to all rep and post sisters!!

jdd

P.S. Want another bad addiction? Try the chat room....I have only recently started wandering in there....what an awesome place to leave your worries at the door!
I'm there as Bassinfam....hope to see you all there soon!!
Unread 04-13-2002, 06:51 AM

I also am very addicted, lol. But i must say this sight and the support i have received has really calmed my fears and i am so much more informed.It is very nice to hear from others who know what i am going through. I am now actually looking forward to when it is all over with so i can get on to a normal life.
Unread 04-13-2002, 07:05 AM
Good link - for a few giggles

Girls

I agree totally this site is addicting (so is the chat room - all those wonderful ladies to talk to real time).

I was searching for something and stumbled on the below thread. Thought you could all use a bit of light reading, there are over 200 replies to this thread started last year. I have read almost the whole thread and got quite a few giggles.

Happy reading

Gail
aka buckkieofoz
aka HSChat Gail

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register