I think I am addicted... Read on and let me know if anyone else is... - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I am addicted... Read on and let me know if anyone else is... I think I am addicted... Read on and let me know if anyone else is...

Unread 04-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Thanks Sue again !!!

I too keep coming back to the computer....not getting much done this way..... I'll tell you tho I'm on an emotional rollercoaster as time draws near...
I will post after my hyster every lil detail and I'm not a sugar coated kinda person...but also not a negative person....
I will say I have NEVER felt this emotional.....plus day 3 of my last period!!!! UGH
Hormones rule your every fiber !!! I won't miss all this pain and major PMS and back ache !!!
I just LOVE this site and I'm willing to help any sister out there.
s Sue
LIW..............Deborah can't wait to be on the other side !!!!!!!!!!!!
PS trying to get motivated to deep clean !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 11:56 AM
Me, too!

I've been on this site for a very long time, since last year. I think it's because I think I'm an "information junkie" (how about "info groupie").

I've thought in my heart for some time that a hyst would probably be in my future. Since I'm the kind of person that I am always looking stuff up on the web when I'm told something, I naturally looked up hysterectomy. That's when I found this site.

Last year my symptoms were getting worse, decision getting closer, so I actually registered on the site. Now that the hyst is definitely in my future, I'm here several times a day, too.

When I do something BIG in my life, I just research the guts out of it, as far as I can When I was pregnant, I read tons of books, asked tons of questions. Same for other times in my life.

Well, I've never had what I would call major surgery before. I did have my tubes tied after my second child almost 20 years ago. This deal is big to me and I surely want to do it right. So, here I am, reading, posting, chatting, absorbing all the good things there are to offer at HysterSisters!

I agree with another lady...I get so much help from this site. If I can be just a tiny bit helpful to another in the meantime, that would mean so much to me.
Unread 04-13-2002, 12:48 PM
I think I am addicted... Read on and let me know if anyone else is...

Hi, I'm Debi and I'm a hysterholic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2002, 02:44 PM

and it is so hard to break the addiction I am still here nearly 2 years later........... oh well at least its a good addiction
Unread 04-15-2002, 04:55 PM
Getting Hooked

Hi,

I have to tell you a "Man" told me about this web sight..lol His wife is on here and when she went through her hyster she found this sight to be so much support.

I signed on yesterday and found myself on line for 4 hours reading as much as I could. My surgery is on May 23, very nervous about it and trying to find some info on here before I post my questions.

You all seem to be a great sourse of information, support and HUGS.

Sharts
Unread 04-15-2002, 07:37 PM

well i must confess, i am a hysterholic also. i found this site on friday night an have only been off to work and sleep a bit. i find myself checking the new posts as soon as i wake up i can't seem to help myself. the first night i cried more than i have since i found out about the cancer. the second night i went threw as many posts as i could until i couldn't keep my eyes open.i had to even though i just wanted to keep reading. now i would like to help anyone i can, to ease their fears and worries and give back as much as all of you women have given to me. as a matter of fact i gave the name of this web site ta a friend of mine who's mom just had her tah today. everyone has been great! keep up the good work ladies! well gotta read on now. see ya
Unread 04-15-2002, 07:40 PM
It's part of the hyster rights of passage

I had my TAH over a year ago. You sound normal to me. Been there, done that. It is an obsession. I think being informed and educated helps this whole process. I am scheduled to have bladder surgery in June, so I'm back on the boards, usually in The Road Less Traveled. My hyster was one of the best things I've ever done to enhance the QUALITY of my life. It wasn't easy but it was the right decision for ME. Reading all of the posts, good, bad, etc... helped me more than anything else.

Keep reading !
Unread 04-15-2002, 07:44 PM

what kind of bladder surgery are you having if you don't mind me asking?
Unread 04-15-2002, 08:26 PM

Hello, I am Cathy and I am an HysterSisters addict!! I don't post every day, nor to I go into chat every day, but I spend hours reading the posts. I feel so lucky to have found this site. I truly believe that I would have gone into surgery and recovery without a clue if I had not found this family. I have found answers to questions I didn't even have enough knowledge to ask.
Cathy TAH/BSO/date still undetermined
Unread 04-15-2002, 09:47 PM

My name is Andi Mc and I'm a hyster-holic . . .

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register