Just need my spirits lifted a little! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just need my spirits lifted a little! Just need my spirits lifted a little!

Unread 04-13-2002, 05:51 AM
Just need my spirits lifted a little!

Hi all...well 3 days to go---I am a little nervous, but not a lot, just a little down! I do have wonderful support, couldnt ask for much more....of course hystersisters is #1 on my list, my parents have been wonderful (they both took Tuesday off to be with me), my DH said he was taking the day off, but I begged him not too...we need the paycheck and I don't need an audience, told him to just come up when I get into my room! It's mostly my friends that are bothering me...they all say they are coming up and I know they have been listening to me complain and ramble on about my surgery, but they have not been in my situation and I feel like I am burdoning them with my problems. My best friend and her husband and my husbands best friend and his wife (who we introduced a while back) all planned a dinner date last night and never called to invite us...which is fine, but maybe I would have enjoyed a night out (take my mind of my worries). I just feel like maybe they would rather not listen to what is happening to me. It kind of hurt our feelings...they are good friends, but I guess I feel like this surgery and my problems are too much for them to deal with! I think maybe I am just way too emotional right now and should not let little things bother me! We are going out tonight and I hope that will lift my spirits a little! This is a long awaited surgery and I cannot wait until it is over! Having my LAST period now, and it is a bad one...makes me really happy that I made this decision! Well, thanks for letting me whine! I could never have made it this far without all of you! Keep me in your thoughts as April 16th arrives!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 05:57 AM
MJM

Sorry to hear your friends left you out. That wasnt very considerate at all. I am sure they just thought you might be happier staying home and connecting with the family. Oh my....
I hope you have a nice evening and it lifts your spirits a bit. I will be keeping you in my prayers this weekend and esp on Tues. Best of luck with your surgery and recovery.

Smiles and Hugs coming your way.
Cindy
Unread 04-13-2002, 06:23 AM

Your waiting is almost over!

I am sorry your friends didn't call, but they may have felt that since your surgery is so close that you may be busy tying up loose ends and didn't have time.

Enjoy your night out tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 07:49 AM
Hello

It sure sounds to me that you have made the right choice!

We will all be cheering for you on this end, and I'll bet you will be feeling so much better after it is over!!

You are almost a princess!! YAY!!!!

Will be praying for you and anxious to hear how you are doing!!

Love and prayers,

Sue
Unread 04-13-2002, 08:32 AM

Sorry to hear they left you out. You can still go out and have an enyoyable evening. They probably were thinking with everything going on you would not feel up to it. The hard part is almost over the waiting and soon you will be a . You have to remember to make yourself priority after your trip to the castle. My thoughts and will be with you.

Sherri
Unread 04-13-2002, 10:20 AM

Ahh, MJM,

I can sure understand your hurt feelings. At least for me, this whole experience has taken on a life of its own and while I hesitate to use the word obsession, my life seems to revolve around tests and diagnoses and prognoses to the point where even my closest friends were getting that glazed over look in their eyes when I'd start in about it. They care about me to be sure, but it isn't happening to them so....

That's why there's hystersisters - being able to come here has created new friendships and I daresay saved some old ones!!

I sure will be thinking about you on the 16th. Have fun tonight!

cecee
Unread 04-13-2002, 11:19 AM
MJM

My thoughts and prayers will be with you on April 16th. I will be looking for you on Post-op side when it's over to find out how you are doing.
Unread 04-13-2002, 11:26 AM
Sweet Thoughts

I want to give you all kind of smilie faces, hugs, and cute little icons to look at on this message, but my husband has to show me how to do it, and you know husbands, he keeps saying he will, and it hasn't happened yet. So, without any graphics, I do wish you sweet thoughts filled with chocolate and rasberries and the worst part (the waiting of course!) is almost over. YEA !!! I will think of you on the 16th. See you on the other side.
Unread 04-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Glad you posted

{{{{{{{{{{MJM}}}}}}}}}}

I just finished reading another post where one lady did the calling up of friends for a night out. I sure know where you're coming from on feeling kind of hurt. I've been there, too, lately with friends (?) from work. Please remember, there could be all kinds of o.k. reasons why they didn't call you--thought you might be getting ready for the 16th, etc., etc.

You came to the right place, though. Your friends here understand. Have a great night out! Will be thinking of you on the 16th. I wish you an uneventful surgery and peaceful recovery.

s

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register