I'm HOME - waiting was the hardest part!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm HOME - waiting was the hardest part!!! I'm HOME - waiting was the hardest part!!!

Unread 04-13-2002, 07:28 AM
I'm HOME - waiting was the hardest part!!!

Feels great to be home. Had a TAH removing cervix, leaving ovaries 4/8 and everything went OK. Had some problems getting pain meds initially because of low blood pressure but luckily that's past history now. I'm doing great on regular Tylenol as of yesterday and boring myself to death resting and drinking water. Thanks so much for all the support. This site has been the best for me. For all you waiting out there, once you have your surgery, it's all uphill. Even though I have a major swelly belly and am not feeling great, it feels great not to have that big ol' lump of fibroid in my tummy. Good luck - I'm goin back to bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 07:41 AM

Glad you're home and feeling so well! My surgery was 4/3, and I've been a good ! I am off the Percocet and today when I woke up, I did not even feel like I needed Motrin. I bet that will change as the day goes on!! LOL

Feel better each day.
Unread 04-13-2002, 07:45 AM
Great!

Glad to hear you are home and well. Congratulations you are a princess! Eat, drink, walk and REST! I had mine 3/18 and doing well.

Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 08:56 AM
moco

glad your home and doing well. And wow on tylenol only already....what a champ you are. Keep up the good work.

God Bless
Cindy
Unread 04-13-2002, 08:56 AM

I LOVE to read this kind of post... my tah/bso with hernia repair is on the 23rd of this month and I am trying hard to stay centered and focused on the time when I can come home and post something just like you all did.
thank you
kara
Unread 04-13-2002, 11:23 AM

i almost feel guilty.... had a tvh on the 8th and came home the same night and felt better immediately post op. have been taking motrin round the clock and percoset as needed which isnt much and aside from tired and crampy and GASSY , i am doing sO much better than all my fears and apprehensions.
i think i also have a very high pain threshold as have been in pain for SO long and this is just such a relief, i feel 10 pounds lighter so it will be interesting to see the path report to know how much those fibroids and adeno really contributed to this belly.
i have a swelly belly but its half the size it was pre op!! smiling

jandrie

TVH 4/8

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register