Not in pain all the time - anybody else? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not in pain all the time - anybody else? Not in pain all the time - anybody else?

Unread 04-13-2002, 09:37 AM
Not in pain all the time - anybody else?

If I had not seen photos from my lapo procedure, I would not have known anything serious was wrong with me. I was wondering if anyone else had this happen:

Over the past two years, my periods changed - were more watery and more uncomfortable but I thought it was because I was getting older, etc. Sometimes I'd have a sharp pain or two but I just brushed it off. Then I had major pain in November, was in the hospital, etc etc etc which brought me to the lapo and all the findings.

Now that I'm aware of my situation, I RECOGNIZE EVERY SYMPTOM!!! I feel like something is wrong now - I was probably in denial. Sometimes, when I feel like nothing is wrong, it drives me crazy because I think, WHAT IS UP WITH THIS. Like I said, if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I'd be doubting my doctor even!!

I feel lousy for the women who had such long, painful periods and are in so much pain.

Am I one of the lucky ones that this was discovered earlier than most and I can get it taken care of? The actual hysterectomy doesn't bother me because we don't want children, but I really don't want to have major surgery. I didn't enjoy the lapo procedure as I've never even had my wisdom teeth pulled so everything was such a shock to me.

From descriptions out here, it seems like my recovery will be similar just more painful and will take longer. One of the really scarrrrrry moments for me was waking up hyperventilating in recovery - hope that doesn't happen again. Seemed like I woke up abruptly.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 08:07 PM
Hi Donna

I know what you mean....thats how my pain started out 5yrs ago.Would come & go....sometimes I could go wks without feeling pains.Then gradually it got worst ,the pains would come sooner ...& stay longer.I would not ony have very bad pains ,but would have TONS of pressure.It started out on my left side....then a yr later was on my right. Now I have pains on both sides,pressure everywhere,heavy bleeding with large clots for long periods of time.But keep in mind everyone is different ! Yours might not get worse.I also know a few women that were told they had endo after a lap & have not had any further problems.
I'm wishing you the best & hope you hyst goes smoother for you.I have had 4 laps before & each time it's alway hard when I first wake up.Maybe now that they know your history they can give you something to prevent you from having a hard time breathing when you first come too.Make sure you remind them!
Good luck & e-mail me if I can answer any more questions...Take care!
Unread 04-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Not in pain all the time - anybody else?

Well, now that you've been through general anesthesia once, you know what to expect. You may not have as much trouble waking up next time.

Actually, I had more pain recovering from my lap 18 years ago than from my hyst 4 weeks ago. I woke up in major pain from the lap, but only minor pain from the hyst. Go figure.

Good luck!

Melissa

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register