Confused & Need Help! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Confused & Need Help! Confused & Need Help!

Unread 04-13-2002, 10:19 AM
Confused & Need Help!

I was giving myself a little trim last night. While using a small mirror so I could see (and not cut myself), I noticed the opening to my vagina looked "blocked" by pinkish tissue that had tiny bumps all over it. This is what it looked like to me. Well, (and sorry if this makes anyone sick or embarrassed), I genlty touched it. When I did, my finger went in to the nail, and felt my cervix right away. This pinkish tissue felt attached to my cervix, like the opening of a balloon. I have NEVER seen this, or felt it before. What in the world can it be???????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 10:58 AM
Confused & Need Help!

I don't know what it could be, but I'd say contact your Dr.
Unread 04-13-2002, 12:39 PM
Amy

I don't know either. But please call your doctor first thing in Monday morning. Or place an urgent call if you feel the situation warrants it.
Let us know how you're doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 03:42 PM
Is It Possible?

That my uterus is right there? I have been having increased lower abominal "heavy" feeling as well as lower back. Plus, a little bit more of an increase in lower right quadrant.

I plan on calling my doc on monday anyways to see if its possible for me to get some more pain meds. She gave me 25 Darvocet on April 8th and I ran out on April 12th. With my surgery only 10 days away, I dont know if she will give me anymore, or if I will even be allowed to take it. I know there is a cut off for motrin, naprosyn, etc.. but not sure about pain killers. Will post again on this thread after I talk to her. No sense in trying to see her on Monday, as I see her on the 17th for pre-op.

God Bless †
Unread 04-13-2002, 05:09 PM
Confused & Need Help!

Amy, Amy, Amy,

Good grief! I don't know what it is either...maybe the beginning of a prolapse. It can be common to prolapse the bladder or uterus. Please, Please see your doctor or at least call him like you said on Monday. If it were me...I'd be calling the "on call," now... but I have a tendency to freak out.

Maralyn
Unread 04-13-2002, 08:17 PM
Confused & Need Help!

Please call your Dr. now... or call and ask to speak to a nurse at your local emergency room.

Let us know if you're ok.. You have me worried..

Sherry
Unread 04-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Confused & Need Help!

Amy,

I'm no doctor, but it sounds as though your cervix has dropped, especially since you're having such a heavy feeling on the left side.

Please, please put in a call to your doctor ASAP and let us know what you find out. We're very worried about you.

Paula
Unread 04-14-2002, 12:17 AM
Confused & Need Help!

Dear Amy,
I was sooo pleased to see your posting, as i too have found i bulge like you describe,(mine is one at rectum end v large and another at front end) spongy in texture. I find i have to "push up" my bulges as they drop into my knickers. Iam seeing the Gyn on 1st of may so will keep you informed. My doctor (im from UK) told me it was a prolaps of the vaganal walls, but i have had a prolaps for 10 years since being pregnant with second.I must say girls it is so great being able to talk about such things on this wonderfull site, here in the UK it is not the done thing to discusse vaginas, etc, you must go see your doctor Amy they will sort you out, I have done lots of serching on this and other websites and the info is amazing , a big kiss to all you wonderfull ladies for helping so many
Unread 04-14-2002, 05:49 PM
Confused & Need Help!

Yes.. spongy would be how I would say this feels. Am calling doc in the morning to chat with her about it and see what she says. Im almost positive she will want to do an emax on 4/17 when I see her for pre-op.
Unread 04-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Confused & Need Help!

Amy, did you call your Dr? What did she/he say?

Sherry

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register