I'm a Princess now! Home! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm a Princess now! Home! I'm a Princess now! Home!

Unread 04-13-2002, 11:24 AM
I'm a Princess now! Home!

HI Everyone!
I had my TAH/BSO on Monday the 8th and got home on Thur. It went just fine as far as the surgery itself. The pain was what I'd expected afterward so of course pain meds are my FRIEND! LOL!

Unfortuneatly, I am not able to pee yet so I've had 4 cathetors in and sit here now with a Foley cath attached to my leg. I'm suppose to take it out tomorrow and PRAY that I can pee on my own otherwise my DH will have to straight cath me every few hours! Let me just say that is NOT fun and very painful. ( I swell shut so that's why I can't pee)

The insicion is a lot longer than I thought it would be. It's about 6 inches and it burns. I'm very tired and a little dizzy too. It was really weird to be put under and then wake up and not remember anything at all except for kissing DH goodbye. I don't remember being in recovery, being taken to my room or anything. First memory is of DH spooning ice chips to me. And the nurses makeing me get up to pee and I was SO dizzy and could NOT keep my eyes open. She'd tell me to keep my eyes open and I would for 1/2 a second and close them again. LOL!

Like everyone has said, the waiting and anticipation is very hard. But the getting up and down for the first 4 days was very hard too. Brought tears to my eyes each time. Walking does actually feel good. Gas pain is tolerable.

I have some wonderful friends who sent me flowers and have been bringing dinner to us. I am so happy this is over and pray that the estrogen pills won't cause me any further problems with whatever remaining endo is in there. I did have endo on one ovary, in the cul-del- sac and on the bladder. Dr didn't really say how much but that he did get rid of it.

So now I sit, heal and get to help all the LIW! Thanks so much to everyone who has helped me throught this! KimAZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 11:31 AM

I know what you are going thru I have had to have a cath on and off since I got out of the castle, but now I can go a little and have to cath myself at night to make sure I am empty.. its getting easier to pee now for I have been on antibiotics for 4 days now, it doesnt hurt as much when i go and when I cath myself it doesn't hurt at all... hopefully won't have to do that too much longer.. take care
Unread 04-13-2002, 01:13 PM
Glad your home and feeling it was worth it

Hoping for a successful tinkle tonight....actually I will pray for a successful tinkle tonight for you....

God Bless

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 01:20 PM
tinkle tinkle little star

Hi fellow 4/8 sister-

I was pretty apprehensive about the cath, but 20 minutes after it was out, I was going...and going...and going...

Pain meds are my best friends right now - but they are becoming less and less effective. What's the magic cocktail for you?

I also had endo - funny thing, it doesn't matter how much of it you have...that's not indicative of how painful it is!

Karen
Unread 04-13-2002, 03:03 PM

Hi Kim,

Know that feeling - the catheter was pulled then nothing....except pain until it was reinserted. However once my bladder had a chance to rest for a while I was able to do things on my own - hang in there!!! Once home you'll now be more relaxed and able to perform. Also, I found that once I needed less pain medication it was easier for me to pee.

You'll soon be feeling great again, the worst is over..

Best wishes,
Debbie
Unread 04-13-2002, 04:49 PM

(((((Kim)))))

Welcome Home!! Remember to be a Good and get plenty or rest, drink lots of liquids, and take short walks.

Sorry about the catheter, I hope the swelling goes down so the Dr can remove it soon.

I look forward to talking with you again in the Chat Room, BUT only when you feel up to it as sitting IS an activity.

Love & Hugs,

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register