I'm new and scared/excited, lots of questions | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm new and scared/excited, lots of questions I'm new and scared/excited, lots of questions

Unread 04-13-2002, 06:58 PM
I'm new and scared/excited, lots of questions

Hi. Wow, I am so excited to find this site. I look forward to getting to know you. I have learned SO much from you all. I truly appreciate your willingness to help perfect strangers. It's WONDERFUL! I am having (I think) a TVH and leaving ovaries on April 23rd. I haven't seen much information about cervical cancer on this site. Is this fairly common? I know it isn't as bad as other types of cancer. I just don't know if mine has metasticized yet. I'll have a LEEP done on the 22nd and then the hyst on 23rd if everything is ok. I also do not know for sure if because I have a bit of stress incontinence, if I can still have the TVH. One last question, does anyone recommend having the epidural over the general anesthesia? I have a VERY difficult time with general anesthesia but my husband feels that the being awake during this would not be a good idea. Thank you again for this site and all of the hyster sisters. Cheers - Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 07:43 PM

Hi Linda , I just replied to your post on cancer concerns

So it is cervical cancer... what stage? There are quite a few ladies who have been diagnosed with it, I am sure they will reply as well. You are having a LEEP done the day before your hyster? Most time I thought the Drs waited until the cervix had healed before they performed a hysterectomy. But all Drs are different.

I had a general anaesthesia as well as an epidural when I had my hyster. I dont think I would have liked to be awake during the op.

I am so glad that you found us , lots of hugs and love xx
Unread 04-13-2002, 07:53 PM

Welcome to HysterSisters, Linda!

Mine didn't get all the way to the cancer stage, but I had severe endocervical dysplasia that kept coming back, and am soooooo relieved to have that cervix outta there! I had a conazation the first time it came back and a LEEP the 2nd. The 3rd time it showed up was after the hyst in the path report. All this took place within the last 3 years after having normal paps all my life before that.

I also had general anesthesia, but I do fine with it except for the nausea. But the nausea meds took care of that. Lots of women choose to have local anesthesia instead and so many are glad to have that instead. They can give you meds to relax you and even make you sleep through the surgery along with the local.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register