So Glad I Found This Sight | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Glad I Found This Sight So Glad I Found This Sight

Unread 04-13-2002, 09:44 PM
So Glad I Found This Sight

I am scheduled for TAH on the 30th. The fact that I needed a hysterectomy didn't come as a surprise to me since I have had endo and cysts since I was 15, but when the Dr. actually gave me a surgery date I became speachless! My DH is great and is ready for me to feel normal again, but alas, he is a man and has no idea why I might be upset over "getting rid of the problems I have had for years". I had my tubes tied after my third child four years ago so I am not really upset at not being able to have more kids, I couldn't tell you why I am upset or scared or sad who knows. Is anyone else just in a complete funk kinda walking around not thinking of the surgery but at the same time, not thinking of anything else?

One more question...I had trouble taking BCP...Is there much difference betweenthem and HRT????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 10:20 PM
hi boobear

I am scheduled for may 7th and yes, like you, am walking around in a funk. I will be having a TAH due to cysts on my ovaries that wont go away on their own. they are too large for the laproscope and my ovaries are shot, they have to come out. Since my first period, they have been very irregular (3-4 times a year if that). Cancer is very common with the women in my family and my doc and i agreed on the TAH. I also bleed very heavily when i do get them and my pms(severe pms) is always every month whether i get my period or not. i am excited about ending the pain and getting back to 100%, but all my emotions have put me in a funk, but this site has been a God send. Lots of wonderful people and info. i dont know much about bcp and hrt. there is lots of info here about hrt though. if you cant find your answers here, there are lots of sites about the hrt or you could ask your doctor.

here is the kicker for me.....i have had 1 period so far this year, and less than a month before my surgery, i get it. go figure. when i discovered it, i just had to laugh at the irony of it.
best of luck to you!!!

:
Jenny
Unread 04-13-2002, 11:01 PM
Welcome Boobear

I know exactly what you're talking about when you say, "I couldn't tell you why I am upset or scared or sad who knows. Is anyone else just in a complete funk kinda walking around not thinking of the surgery but at the same time, not thinking of anything else?"

You can read about my background in "Pinkie's First Time Introduction", and you'll also see that I backed out. :run2:
For me, what I have found to be most helpful is reading the pre-op and post-op postings, as well as both sides of recovery. This way you have more information to make your decision.

Honestly Boobear, when I'm at work, I have to force myself not to think about it, so I can get my job done. As for DH, family and friends, I go through phases: I don't think about it, occassionally talk about it, to I have questions and emotions that want to be expressed 7/24. Antherwards, you're normal. For all of us, this is a big decision that we're making in the behalf of our bodies and our future.

For me, reading the different postings in pre-op has given me much comfort through my roller-coaster emotions at this time. These women have wisdom and plenty of hugs and kisses to pass along to you.

Pinkie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 12:49 AM
Welcome!

Hi, boobear! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site on the Web! Yes, it is very normal to feel sad and upset about losing some female organs even though we might not really want any more babies. This is a very personal, emotional surgery and some of us need to grieve a little before we're ready to face a hyst. But I am glad to report that I feel great 9 months after my hyst, healthier, and just as feminine. I'm very glad I had my hyst and have a better lifestyle now. Read all you can here (click on the 3 princesses at the top of the page to find pull-down menus with stories and advice for Ladies in Waiting) and ask any questions you think of. We'll try to answer them and support you through this journey! s and best wishes!
Ruthie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register