Questions | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-14-2002, 07:12 AM
Questions

I have a couple of questions....
I have to do the go litely thing.... now I intend to drink lots of water all week because I normally drink 64 oz a day anyway, but will increase it this week..... but won't the go litely thing dehydrate me?? I don't want any problems getting an iv into me.
another question is that i know the meds that we take the week prior to surgery is something to be careful about but I'm wondering if my percocet is ok or the tylenol 3 that I was given... (I try to only take the percocet on my very worse days and those are usually the week before my period, like now, and my period and a few days after, which won't be an issue of course.)
I am going to call the dr. but for today do you think its okay to take the percocet?
I know I have other questions in the back of my mind that come up when I am awake at 2 am staring at the ceiling....
thanks for any info
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 07:25 AM
Questions

Hi...I am not sure about the go-lightly, I am not required to do any kind of bowel prep before surgery--and very happy about that! My doc told me that I was not to take any aspirin, IB Profin, or herbal products for 2 weeks prior to surgery, but tylenol products were fine...I started my last period on Friday and they called me in a script for Vicodin...hope this helps a little, I would for sure check with your doc Monday morning!
Unread 04-14-2002, 07:45 AM
Hi Karah

I also was required to do a bowel prep with the go lightly. When I picked it up I noticed there were no 'flavor packs', I called the pharmacy and was told they had filled it with generic and it did not come with flavor packs. The little packets of assorted flavors make it easier to stomach, so I would go that route.
As far as your question regarding dehyderation, I had no problems with that. Once the bowel is cleansed you don't continue drinking the go lightly so your body is not completly dry by any means. There should be no problems starting an IV after you cleanse your bowel.
I think you are wise to consult your doctor about your meds schedule.
Good luck to you !!
Kari

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register