Pre-Op Blues | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-14-2002, 10:51 AM
Pre-Op Blues

I'm having my surgery on May 22 and I'm really having a hard time knowing that I will be alone when I get out of the hospital. If anyone can give me some hints on what to do prior to surgery to make the adjustment coming home from the hospital a little bit easier I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Sharts In Connecticut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 11:53 AM
Hang in there!

You have come to the best place to get support!!
I too will pretty much be on my own after my TAH and that is the part that I am not looking forward to!
I know I will be in slow motion and such but the extra support and help is more than welcome!
Just think of this as "you" time and don't push yourself.
Maybe if there is no one to help you could check into some hospice type of service...to come check on you and help where needed!
I wish I knew of other options at this time but I'm sure there will be "Sister" that can give you some advice on this....
Hang in there hon...we are in this together!
Come into chat...wonderful ladies there with a world of knowledge that may be able to help...I'm there as Bassinfam
s
Unread 04-14-2002, 11:54 AM
Pre-Op Blues

Sharts - It sounds like you're putting a lot of worry into being prepared. Which willl turn out GREAT! (As you know, the hardest part is the waiting.)

I saw something a few days ago about paper plates, plastic tableware and individual serving containers that I thought would have been good for me. That way you don't have to look at the dishes on the counter. (Plus you shouldn't be doing dishes anyway.)

I had a La-Z-Boy chair to recouperate in. With a table nearby. I was mobile, but slow. DS was in and out the first week. DH was only home at night. It went well for me.

And, I wish I had known to have LOTS of pillows. I didn't find this site until after hyst, so I was on my own for preparation.

Does anyone else out there have any suggestions?

Happy Spring!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 12:27 PM
Being Alone

I am sorry that you will be alone after your TAH. Maybe this will cheer you a little. I think I would have been better off if I had been alone after my TAH, March 26th. I came home to a hubby that is never home because he works 2 jobs and to an 8 year old and a 21 month old, with NO help. The first week post op (after coming home from the hospital) I only WISHED that I could be alone to sleep, or just lay around and rest. Instead, I had to come home and start my regualr routine with the kids all over again. I had no time to myself. You have US. We will be here for you. If you can make it to the computer, just look for us here. If I am online, I would love to chat with you. The chat room here is a wonderful place to go as well. The girls there are great. I wish you well and hope all goes great for you. Lots of love and prayers, Leeanne

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register