I'll be at the castle in 18 more hours.......sigh !!!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'll be at the castle in 18 more hours.......sigh !!!!!! I'll be at the castle in 18 more hours.......sigh !!!!!!

Unread 04-14-2002, 11:07 AM
I'll be at the castle in 18 more hours.......sigh !!!!!!

I have lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks !!!! I'm wondering if I'll need an enema I have nothing in me to prep...everytime I eat it goes straight through me.... I wanted befroe this to lose some weight but this is ridiculous !!! I have IBS and I guess all the stress has made the IBS worse !
I'd like to have one really good healthy meal before 7 tonight then do the enema thing......ugh!!!
My dear BF met me and another friend out last night to listen to some music.... on the way home I cried like a baby to him...he was so sweet. I think I cried about an hour !! he held me and told me it didn't matter that I could no longer have children..... I don't know it's just really hard saying goodbye to my female parts...My DS is at his dads I'm about ready to call him and see if he can come help me finish cleaning......I'm going to try and eat some soup then lie back down.
I thought a D&C was supposed to help with the flow but, this last period has been sooooooo heavy ! I'm on day 5 and it's not slowing down ! I feel completely drained !!!!!!
I can't wait for tomorrow to be over !!!!!
Thank you ALL for the support !!!! I see there's going to be 21 of us going tomorrow !!! I'll be thinking of you all sending warm thoughts and prayers to alllllllll of you !!! And to all of the already post-op sisters !!!!
I have to be there at 8:30 surgery is around 10:15-10:30 and I'll be staying for 23 hours.
As soon as I'm able to post I will and thanks sisters for all the prayers for me and my DS w/ the testicular lump.....he goes to the Dr. wed.... This all shall pass here's a quote a sister sent me....
"If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it."

I thought I would share it with all of you !!!
s to all
Deborah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 11:30 AM

Deborah - good luck. My prayers go with you!
Unread 04-14-2002, 11:36 AM
IBS here too

Deborah

I also have IBS, and I've been waiting for my colon to wake up from my hyst. Knowing my IBS, I ate very light the last 2 days before surgery. My prep at home was nothing; but I did get an enema at the hospital. I'd rather do 10 enemas to 1 colonoscopy prep anyday!

Your BF sounds very supportive, and that makes a difference, no matter how many sisters we have behind us!

Do something nice for YOU today. Are you into bubble baths? My DH offered a massage my night before and it was so relaxing.

If you're on meds for IBS, be sure that the hospital knows...I agreed to not take one of my 3 meds while at the castle, and I'm a little sorry I wasn't more assertive about it.

Best of luck and we'll see you on the other side!
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 11:59 AM

Best of Luck to you Deborah! Big s Sending positive thoughts to you,
Sandy
Unread 04-14-2002, 12:11 PM
Thank you Sandy and Karen

Thanks for the encouragement and S
Karen as far as the IBS is concerned.....I forgot to tell them I have it.......duhhhhhh
I've never been on any meds for it???? I've had it for 12 years now..... I read one post on here that one sister her IBS improved a whole lot after she healed from the Hyster...I hope ours does !!!
I ate a lil soup and I'm off to bed.....for an hour or so....I'm zapped !!!
Love to all !!!
Deborah
Unread 04-14-2002, 12:49 PM

Best wishes, you are in my prayers..... soon it will be done and behind you !!!!!
kara
Unread 04-14-2002, 12:53 PM

s and ers Deborah.......
Unread 04-14-2002, 01:14 PM

best of luck to you and all the sisters going in on the 15th!! i am post op ONE week and doing really good.
jandrie
Unread 04-14-2002, 02:54 PM

Deborah...My prayers are with you tomorrow. Your wait is almost over. It is so tough to sit around and think about the surgery. My surgery isn't until April 26th so I still have that waiting time. My prayers are also with your DS and hope all goes well with him at the doctors.
Unread 04-14-2002, 03:17 PM
See ya in the castle

I'm due there at 7 am surgery scheduled for 9. see ya back here next as crowned princess.

Nichole

Good luck!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register