Hello hystersisters | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello hystersisters Hello hystersisters

Unread 04-14-2002, 01:24 PM
Hello hystersisters

My surgery is scheduled for tuesday the16th 2002
I am 52 years old I am having a TAH. I have not had surgery since 1973 . My heart stops when I have been put out for surgery
I am very scared. I also have trouble takeing medicines I want to back out of the surgery dose anyone have anything to say that could help ease my worries?

Thank you all

Janice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 02:00 PM
Diagnosis?

Hi Janice. I want to respond to your request for comfort and reassurance. I could do that better if you'd tell me what your diagnosis is. What is the reason for your surgery? In the meantime, I am one week home from the hospital and I have much empathy and compassion for you. Please tell us your situation. Much love and hugs.....
Unread 04-14-2002, 02:27 PM
Hello hystersisters

Janice, Medicine changes all the time for the better. They have developed new drugs with less side effects. They are better equiped now to handle all sorts of thing. If your Dr. did not think it was safe for you to go under he would not be taking a chance. I don't do well with medication at all either. I had my TAH. I did fine and so will you! Good luck and think Possitive. Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 03:45 PM
SCARED?? ME TOO!!

HI Janice!
In 1976 I went in for outpatient surgery to have my tubes tied. When I woke up there was a tube down my throat and my doctor says, " You gave us a little scare, you stopped breathing." I didn't have another surgery until 12/ 15/02. That's when I had my TAH. Needles to say that was the first thing I told my DR. about. I was scared to death when he and my urologist said I had to have a hysterectomy. He promptly patted me on my shaking knee and said," I'm not at all worried about it. We've come a long way since the 70's and don't even use the same drugs to put a person out, but I will make a note about your experience." I am 45 and came through fine, didn't even throw up!!!! My advice is to talk to your doctor about your fears. Mine really made me feel better, not only in his words, but his tone of voice. We'll be waiting to here from you! Karlene
Unread 04-14-2002, 06:04 PM
Drink alot of water

Hi Janice,

I too am very sensitive to medicine as I rarely take any.

I was told to drink ALOT of water up until your cut off point of no eating or drinking the night before. They say it helps recover from the anesthesia (?).

HUGS and PRAYERS for a speedy recovery.

Siliconvllygirl
Unread 04-14-2002, 08:07 PM
Hello hystersisters

I had my first sugrey on 3, 20,02
and it was fine I don't remember any of it
I never got sick ,had no pain , didn' t even feel the IV when they put it in
I pray that everything will go smoothly for you to
Unread 04-14-2002, 08:52 PM
Hello hystersisters

Janice:
I am scheduled for TAH on 04/16/02 and you have a right to be scared, its only human. I am nervous but I'm not going to worry about it because I know that the Lord will be right there by my side. As my mother always say, "why worry when you can pray."I'm ready to have this surgery because there is no way that I could go another month with such painful cramps and heavy bleeding. I will be praying for you and everyone on this board that everything will work out and lets pray for one another.

God Bless You
Teresa
Unread 04-15-2002, 07:15 AM
Hello hystersisters

Hi ,
Since my Tah\bso 6 weeks ago, I have been saying the worst part was the apprehension before the surgery. I went in and didn't even see the operating room. Next thing I knew was being in recovery. this was after a c-section 26 years ago where I was put under but was really just paralyzed as I knew everything that was going on just couldn't move. Drugs have improved since then and you should be just fine. Just put your faith in God and your trust in the doctors. Let us know how it went when you get out of the hospital in a few days.
Lynn
Unread 04-15-2002, 07:42 AM
Hello hystersisters

Hi,
s to you! I know you are scared, I was too, as we all are. Please, talk to your doctor about your fears. Drugs have changed so drastically in the past 30 years.

Just think, tomorrow you will be a I will be thinking good postive thoughts and saying a prayer for you

see you on the other side!!

Sara
Unread 04-17-2002, 06:29 PM
How are you doing?

Hi Janice,

Just thinking about you and wondering how are you doing? I know you're probably in the castle right now, but I just wanted to greet you back when you're ready.

Hope everything went ok...remember, we're all here for you!

Take it easy...

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register