new sister | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-14-2002, 05:47 PM
new sister

I have been reading posts at this site for the last few weeks and I am so glad that I found it. I am scheduled for a TVH on 04/24/02. My pre-op date is 04/18/02. Thanks to everyone here I have a better idea of what to ask at that time. I am busy trying to get everything done at home and at work before the big day! I have a question that I haven't seen yet. Some of the other websites and women that I have talked to have mentioned a weight gain after the surgery. I really need to lose 10 - 15 pounds, not gain anymore! I know this sounds silly but I find that I am worrying about the things!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 06:07 PM
Hi Phyllis

Welcome to hystersisters

We are all different in this area, along with most others. I actually came back from the hospital 10 pounds lighter. I have kept most of it off. A few pounds came back when I started HRT.

You will definitely want to eat nutritous foods when you come home from the hospital. However I think most of us ate pretty lite for awhile. Yogurt, soup, etc. Also it is important to and whenever you are not So I don't think gaining is inevitable.

After you recover you might want to check out. The Hysteritaville Safari Resort and Fitness Forum. Here is the link.
http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...112&daysprune=
There is also a category there which is B.E.S.T. which is a support group for weight loss.

Take care. And keep reading and posting.
Unread 04-14-2002, 07:58 PM
new sister

I am like you i need to loose NOT GAIN- my surgery is soon. I hope I don't gain....The doc could take some fat out while he was in there and it would be fine with me...lol

Good Luck
runabout
(lynne)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 08:16 PM
new sister

Hee hee..I mentioned that to my surgeon "while you're in there, you could take out a bit of fat" He was so sweet, said I didn't need it (wrong, but sweet). Anyway, I'm about 5 lbs lighter than before I went in to surgery. When you get home, eat healthy stuff. While you should pamper yourself by taking things easy, don't extend the pampering to eating all sorts of junk (which is sure tempting :-) ).

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register