I blew it!!! Hubby and I went for the gusto | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I blew it!!!  Hubby and I went for the gusto I blew it!!! Hubby and I went for the gusto

Unread 04-14-2002, 06:00 PM
I blew it!!! Hubby and I went for the gusto

Oh Boy!!!! If I ever wondered if I realy need to have this surgery (on Tuesday) or not, I got my answer today. John and I decided to make love one last time before surgery. Tomorrow is his birthday and it WILL be a while before we get to again. Well, it didn't hurt at all while we were actually doing it, but within about 1 minute afterwards, I was in the most excruciating pain. I spent this entire day balled up in the fetal position on my bed crying until I finally fell asleep for about 2 hours and whatever it was must have relaxed because I do feel somwhat better now but it STILL hurts. What in the world caused that pain and has anyone else ever experienced it? I hope I get some replies to this one. I have experienced this off and on for about 8 years and I know that it will be resolved on Tuesday but my hysterectomy is for fibroids and terrible, terrible bleeding. I do not know why I have this pain and my doc has never been able to tell me, either. Ok, that's all for now.

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 06:06 PM

Julie,
I know what you are going through. Everytime I have sex with my fiance it always hurts during the sex and ecspecially afterwards. The last time we had intercourse, I was in the bed for a day and a half. The doctor told me that the pain during intercourse comes from my endo and the pain afterwards is from my cysts and the endo. I am scheduled for surgery this Friday, April 19th. My doctor says after my hyst that it shouldn't hurt anymore. I sure do hope he is right. Well I hope this information will help answer some of your questions. Good Luck with you surgery. We will be thinking about you.
Unread 04-14-2002, 06:09 PM

Julie,
Oh yes, I know the pain..It is almost the worse pain I have ever felt....Last week after intercourse I was curled up in a ball for hours and couldnt even sit...I took two vicodin and still felt it, it lasted the whole next day! I feel uncomfortable during sex, but the pain usually is after! I even sometimes bleed! I am not sure the reason behind this pain, but I know that woman with endo have painful intercourse...I did not have any visible endo, but do have adeno and my doc said that was also a symptom with adeno...2 more day and I hope to never feel that again!! It is almost like someone is taking a knife and stabbing me in the pelvic area! Sorry I couldnt answer your question completely, but you are not alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2002, 06:18 PM

Juli, man do I remember that feeling. I don't know exaclty what it was in your case, but in mine, I had fibroids and the uterus just seemed to continue contracting around them and made my insides VERY sore from it.

I'm glad you're almost a Princess girl!
Unread 04-14-2002, 06:25 PM

I remember that! It's not so distant a memory! But, there is good news...it doesn't hurt now!

Just think, in 6 weeks when you are healed, you can say that as well!

It's wonderful not to have to worry about pain, bleeding, cramping, before, during and after!

Sara

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register